+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello

I'm michael.

Default hello

this is my first post, I am mick from Lancaster, UK. I am interested in all formats of music particularly vinyl and music cassettes. I particularly enjoy listening to Mark Knopfler, Johnny Flynn, AC/DC, Richard Thompson etc and enjoy trying to find their best work on vinyl and MC.
    I currently listen to my vinyl on a Rega Planar RP1 linked to a Leak ST20 via a home-made passive pre-amplifier.
    My speakers are a pair of Celestion Ditton 15's. I know it's not a very sophisticated set-up but it does work well.

Looking forward to learning more about hi-fi so that I can upgrade and improve my system.

Thanks.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Michael. Welcome to AOS.

I like your system. The Ditton 15 speakers are old favourites of mine and the Leak is a real classic and extremely capable. Well worth hanging onto.

What future plans if any do you have for your Hi-Fi?

You'll find plenty to interest you here, so take a look around and join in the chat. Feel free to ask questions.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum.

Leak stereo 20 with passive - can't fault you. I think you could improve on the speakers without too much trouble, though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread