+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD player ending playing final CD track a second too early

I'm Sean.

Default CD player ending playing final CD track a second too early

Weird issue, my CD player seems to be 'lifting off' about a second or so too soon on the final track of an album, yet if I forward through to the end of the final track to replicate, it's mostly ok.
    It reminds me of old record players where the arm auto lift off was set wrong. I've googled this, but can find no similar problems out there, it doesn't skip or have any other issues. Any ideas? I've tried a lens cleaner disc.

I'm Grant.

is it an extra long disc?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sean.

No pretty standard for these days I think, may be even shorter than most (43 mins), but the CD itself will be the same size of course!
    It's a Marantz CD7300 from about 2003. I've since taken the case off and cleaned the lens and noted there was a slight build up of grease on the sled runner at the end, so removed that and added a tiny amount of the fine synthetic grease I use for my mountain bike forks (not so cheap & made by Pace in the uk).
    I hope this will fix it, time will tell. I'll report back in due course in case this can help anyone else.

I'm Grant.

Fair enough. Graphite is best for the sled runners. it doesnt end up like you describe. it may well be the culprit in that it was physically being stopped. graphite pencils are available
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sean.

Thanks I'll look at getting that. What do you mean it doesn't end as I described?

I'm Neil.

If its only one CD more than likely its a pressing fault. If its every CD then that does suggest that there is a fault with the player. Many older CD players, early 90s and before can struggle with overly long CDs.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebomb View Post
    Thanks I'll look at getting that. What do you mean it doesn't end as I described?
    no i meant graphite doesnt tend to end up a gloopy lump at end of sled rail. you dont need much
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

HB pencil (or softer) will do the job. The lead in a pencil is made of graphite.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Sean.

Cheers all, so far so good - but it takes a full album play each time to test properly, so will probably be able to relax as the end of each last song comes up after a week or so of no issues!

I'm Martin.

Hi

I have a 7300 and do a lot of transfer recording. Ive never noticed that issue. I will often note the recording time exactly and it matches to the second with the track listing time. The recording time will match exactly with whats stated on the cd so Ive tested it enough. There must be a marker on the cd saying off now as the final seconds are often in a complete fade out

The deck has never given me a moments trouble. Im sure I would have noticed if there was an issue but would I have noticed a second or so missing off the run time unless I could hear it shutting off before time.

I often have the display off because I rarely need to see it on.

Ive had cds filled to capacity and its never struggled. I can report its a good deck and one of the better budget buys from Marantz.

I would have thought that congealed grease or sticking rail would have given more serious problems than missing final seconds of the last track.

Best wishes
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 22-06-2017 at 18:41.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast