+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CD player needed > £200?

I'm Colin.

Default CD player needed > £200?

Currently watching rotel rcd-02 (£110) & Sony cpd-xa20es cd (£160) on eBay ? Any preference/ comments anyone - I sold my arcam cd73 a couple of years ago, will these be equal - or any good kit for sale anyone please?

I mainly listen to lps now, but some cds are superior copies IMHO.
    Thanks
    Colin

I'm Jon.

Default Available alternative that might meet your needs

I have a Musical Fidelity A3.2 in excellent condition (functional and cosmetic) if you are interested. Had it from new when it replaced an Arcam Delta 250 transport which I had used in combination with a Black Box 5 DAC and a Musical Fidelity X-24K DAC, over which in my system and listening environment, it had subtle, but worthwhile advantages. Favourably reviewed at the time or release, (e.g., http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...delity32cd.htm), I would still be enjoying it now were it not for the fact that I became interested in SACD and other high-res formats about 18 months ago. John Sampson of JS Audio, who was chief engineer, I beliveve, at MF for many years, continues to rate it very highly and uses a custom modified version in his own system, which, and I speak from personal experience, has to be heard to be believed. John offers the same mods to owners of A3.2s which can be completed in one fell swoop or, if the owner prefers, in two stages: allowing the owner to familiarise themselves with the benefits of the first stage before deciding whether to proceed with the second.

The main criticism I had was not related to the player, but to the quality of the supplied remote, which was decidedly cheap and flimsy by comparison and was not atypical for the remotes supplied by MF for much of their range at that time. Eventually, I replaced the original (which I still possess, albeit in poor condition) with an high quality Philips programmable/learning remote which I used to replace all the equipment remotes I had in use at that time.

If any of the above has piqued your interest let me know and I will make a formal posting with photographs in the 'Private Exhibitions' section of the forum.

Best

Jon

I'm Colin.

Looks like a sale- thanks Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread