+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Extra Money Available - Should I Spend It On Hifi ?

  1. #11
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 18,304
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    I like that everyone has automatically assumed that this boat sale is a lottery win.

    Bev I think you should buy a controlling stake in IBM. If there is any left over buy a Lear jet for knocking about in.
    Martin



    Current Lash Up:

    Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *



    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

  2. #12
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: Sunny Portsmouth

    Posts: 6,045
    I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

    Default

    Thank you all for your suggestions

    The boat sold easily however it was 17' with an outboard so a world cruise is out im afraid

    However we are going away soon so might just treat ourselves to some meals out etc, that'd be nice

    Naim CD5XS Through:Black Cat Silverstar 75 To:Naim DacThrough:Naim 5 Pin DinTo:Supernait 2Through:NACA5To:Living Voice Auditoriums

  3. #13
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 73,899
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I like that everyone has automatically assumed that this boat sale is a lottery win.

    Bev I think you should buy a controlling stake in IBM. If there is any left over buy a Lear jet for knocking about in.
    Lol... Not at all. The main point being made is that there's more to life than just hi-fi!

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  4. #14
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: South Wales - by the sea.

    Posts: 6,834
    I'm a-musicfan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Make some nice memories together, while you can, doing something you both enjoy, is my advice, as you never know what life's going to throw at you. Plenty of time for hi-fi later, but right now, I'd spend the cash on doing something nice together, which you can look back on in future with great fondness

    Marco.
    ^
    What e' said . . . .
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

  5. #15
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: Central Virginia

    Posts: 659
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Not at all. The main point being made is that there's more to life than just hi-fi!

    Marco.
    Really?? Be serious!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 73,899
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Lol... Deadly so!

    Too many anally-retentive nerds/'hi-fi victims' around these parts (and others like them), whose lives continually revolve around dicking about with bits of kit, whilst the real world passes them by

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  7. #17
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: Sunny Portsmouth

    Posts: 6,045
    I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Deadly so!

    Too many anally-retentive nerds/'hi-fi victims' around these parts (and others like them), whose lives continually revolve around dicking about with bits of kit, whilst the real world passes them by

    Marco.
    Don't worry I have my life quite in perspective, I think Colin being unwell for so many years has made that happen, it really does teach you what is important in life

    While I love my music/hifi it is definitely NOT the most important thing in my life.. enjoying time together doing things we like is at the forefront of everything

    I am buying a little sailing dinghy tomorrow which can be sailed, rowed and motored... a real jack of all trades ...master of none maybe but it's a nice little boat and very cheap... I just can't imagine having absolutely nothing to get out on the water with as we both love it... I also purchased a nice little Honda outboard for it tonight so all ready to go.. the Honda was soooo cheap it was a joke.. my favourite outboard motor of all time... so for just a few hundred 's we can both get out on the water with very little effort

    Can't wait to sail the dinghy as I've never sailed a dinghy before as we got straight into large sailing boats, upto 32', and completely 'missed' the dinghy bit

    Naim CD5XS Through:Black Cat Silverstar 75 To:Naim DacThrough:Naim 5 Pin DinTo:Supernait 2Through:NACA5To:Living Voice Auditoriums

  8. #18
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Rossendale

    Posts: 8,062
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default

    If you really have to spend money on the system, getting an Airlink balanced mains transformer is great bang for the buck.
    Chris



    Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

  9. #19
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 73,899
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Don't worry I have my life quite in perspective, I think Colin being unwell for so many years has made that happen, it really does teach you what is important in life

    While I love my music/hifi it is definitely NOT the most important thing in my life.. enjoying time together doing things we like is at the forefront of everything

    I am buying a little sailing dinghy tomorrow which can be sailed, rowed and motored... a real jack of all trades ...master of none maybe but it's a nice little boat and very cheap... I just can't imagine having absolutely nothing to get out on the water with as we both love it... I also purchased a nice little Honda outboard for it tonight so all ready to go.. the Honda was soooo cheap it was a joke.. my favourite outboard motor of all time... so for just a few hundred 's we can both get out on the water with very little effort

    Can't wait to sail the dinghy as I've never sailed a dinghy before as we got straight into large sailing boats, upto 32', and completely 'missed' the dinghy bit
    Nice one, Bev. Enjoy it and have fun!

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  10. #20
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: Sunny Portsmouth

    Posts: 6,045
    I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one, Bev. Enjoy it and have fun!

    Marco.
    Thanks Marco... we will enjoy it especially if this weather continues... We sat on the beach at the boat club today and it was just lovely... We are so lucky to live next to the sea...

    Naim CD5XS Through:Black Cat Silverstar 75 To:Naim DacThrough:Naim 5 Pin DinTo:Supernait 2Through:NACA5To:Living Voice Auditoriums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •