+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extra Money Available - Should I Spend It On Hifi ?

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I'm also thinking about getting myself a little Laser dinghy for some fast fun on the water....

It will probably be a bit too much for Colin but I think I could manage it ok if not I can swim ok...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Well we now have a nice little sailing dinghy, outboard and oars etc... so we are back on the water for just £400... bargain indeed... and sorted out our dinghy spot at our club today...

We will be doing a few little jobs on the boat over the next few days, and servicing the Honda outboard, then we are launching into Langstone Harbour.... Colin was not very keen at first but now he can't wait to try it out I knew he'd come round to the idea...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Piccies?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Piccies?
    It looks like this... however our mainsail is much better as it's quite new and a much better colour/cut.. and one of the Honda outboard

The dinghy has a gunter rig which is fantastic as you have a decent sail area without a very tall mast, the gaff is carried nearly vertical which extends the mast

Bev

I'm Geoff.

Looks decent. Should get you to to the Med OK.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Looks decent. Should get you to to the Med OK.
    Indeed... as we are sea sailers we will eventually take it out in the Solent... we just don't care...

If we get on with the 'little' boat we are already thinking about a larger Wayfarer or Wonderer

In our 'larger' boats we have crossed the channel many times to France, which was a real blast..

These are the larger boats we have owned...

Island Plastics 24

Cutlass 27 Long Keel

Oceanbird 30 Trimaran

Nicholson 32 Long Keel
    Bev

However 'smaller' boats are a lot of fun.. and if this weather continues it'll be great to get out on the water again...and for next to nothing money wise...
    Bev

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks Marco... we will enjoy it especially if this weather continues... We sat on the beach at the boat club today and it was just lovely... We are so lucky to live next to the sea...
    Boat club…. I Like That, be turning up at Henley next Bev ! Thats the trouble with London too far from the blooming sea. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Boat club…. I Like That, be turning up at Henley next Bev ! Thats the trouble with London too far from the blooming sea. Enjoy
    Thanks Brian... however Henley is a just a bit too far for us....

We moved to Portsmouth about 20 years ago, from Stevenage, as we got fed up of travelling so far for the sea and our boat club... we would never move 'inland' now ... we live about 10 minutes from our boat club which is on Langstone Harbour and just a stones throw from the Solent... we love it..
    Bev

Well we went completely mental today and purchased a lovely Wayfarer set up for racing but we will just use it for cruising about in. Got it from a lovely chap in our boat club

So we now have two boats

Some people have travelled thousands of miles in these lovely little boats

Like this one

Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast