+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fm radio- forgotten source?

I'm Colin.

Default Fm radio- forgotten source?

Recently installed a huge 5 element directional fm antenna on the roof. Originally had an omni directional type, but due to location wasn't brilliant. New one gave 25% improved reception. I was disappointed with the results with my Cyrus 7 fm, as this tuner needs a perfect signal for best results.
    Enter Rotel rt950bx. Bought off eBay for £25 in perfect nick. Wow! What a difference. I can't believe the quality of broadcasts on some fm transmissions. All this for a total outlay of £175. I was amazed by the quality of old recordings on the Jamie Cullum jazz show with Micheal Parkinson this week - it's opened a whole new world to me.
    Cyrus 7fm to be listed on EBay soon, unless I get an offer...
    I know fm keeps being threatened with extinction - but in the meantime will enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Keep an eye out for something like an Accuphase T101. That'll blow yer socks off!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm brian.

Love fm radio. If your into classical music Colin just think how amazing the proms will sound this year through your rig.!!

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Love fm radio. If your into classical music Colin just think how amazing the proms will sound this year through your rig.!!
    Well I'm off to see Proms in the Park to watch heroes Ray Davies & Gilbert O'Sullivan - it would be good to somehow digitally record the transmission??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Dennis.

I'm and avid FM fan, and have recently bought a newer FM tuner the AVI S2000 Mk ii.

The main problems I have are poor reception for geographical reasons, and that the BBC's SQ is often abysmal, they not caring now about it and mic. technique is particularly to blame.

I'm Howard.

For those thinking of returning to the FM world, on a tight budget, here is a link to 43 pre-owned FM tuners under £30. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Radio-Tun...at=22635&rt=nc
    Well, hello.

I'm Geoff.

Many nice little Japanese tuners on ebay for little money.

I hardly ever listen to radio, so I bought a Rotel RT-830AL for peanuts. It sounds just fine.

The JVC JT-V10 is well worth looking out for. It dates from the late seventies and was bottom of the JVC range at the time, but was highly regarded for its sound quality. I had one for many years. Cheap, plasticky and lightweight, but sounds very nice.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

I'm sticking with FM for as long as I can. I have two very capable tuners and a receiver with a stunning tuner section and I love using them all.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have six FM tuners and listen to the radio for two or three hours every day. Usually Radio 3 and 4, and recently LBC.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The JVC JT-V10 is well worth looking out for. It dates from the late seventies and was bottom of the JVC range at the time, but was highly regarded for its sound quality. I had one for many years. Cheap, plasticky and lightweight, but sounds very nice.
    One here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2727126053...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It will go for peanuts.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast