+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS - Class A EL84 single ended power amp.

I'm Alan.

Default FS - Class A EL84 single ended power amp.

This isn't part of the Firebottle range so I'm putting it here to sell.

Sometimes known as the FB27 (27 - Oliver's favourite item off the Chinese menu) it sports long plate ECC83's as driver valves and parallel EL84's per channel output valves.
    Built in volume control, single input, 5W per channel output. £220

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Alan.

Bump. Forgot to mention has 4 and 8 ohm tappings.
    If you have reasonably efficient speakers and want to try the Class A sound then EL84 is the way to go. I have yet to see a derogatory comment about single ended EL84 amps.

I'm Alan.

BUMPer

I'm Des.

Hi Alan,

I'm very interested in the amp, is there space to add another set of inputs and a toggle switch to the front?

I'm asking as I think it may work really well with my speakers but need two inputs.
    Rega RP8/RB3000/AT OC9XML, Clones Audio PA1, DDDac1794/Pi4, Rega Elicit-r, Bastanis Wildhorn speakers.

Bigman80 Guest

Good amp this.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

ah yes this amp. didnt realise it was still available. thought it would have sold. It would work great with my speakers. If you need more connections you could add a beresford switchbox. They are great
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

It's actually got the sweetest midrange ive ever heard. I loved it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
    Hi Alan,

I'm very interested in the amp, is there space to add another set of inputs and a toggle switch to the front?

I'm asking as I think it may work really well with my speakers but need two inputs.
    Yes there is space, if you're serious about purchase I could fit another pair of inputs and a switch.

Alan

I'm Des.

I am Alan but couldn't do anything until payday on the 30th of this month. Would it need to be collected or is postage an option?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Rega RP8/RB3000/AT OC9XML, Clones Audio PA1, DDDac1794/Pi4, Rega Elicit-r, Bastanis Wildhorn speakers.

I'm Alan.

No problem Des, postage is an option, I'll weigh it and get a quote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast