+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: modestly priced phono stage

montesquieu Guest

Default Wanted: modestly priced phono stage

Putting together a setup for my son and looking for a phono stage - nothing too pricey £200 or £250 max though preferably less than that.

Annoyingly missed a Slee Era V with PSU1 for that money over of PFM yesterday but not to worry - what have you got out there. MM please.

I'm Jez.

You can just about run to an Arkless 640P there... probably need an extra £20-30 or so as you need to get a suitable second-hand donor unit first. MM and MC.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Alan.

I can do my OTP phono stage for MM only at £210 if that is of interest.

You can try before you buy and return it if it is not to your liking.
    Last edited by Firebottle; 15-06-2017 at 15:36.

I'm Lee.

I ave a Rega Fono Mini A2D for £65 inc P&P
    Cheers Lee

I'm Steve.

Schiitt Mani

I'm James.

+1 Schiitt Mani
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Ziggy Guest

NVA Phono1 at £280 if you can stretch.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Putting together a setup for my son and looking for a phono stage - nothing too pricey £200 or £250 max though preferably less than that.

Annoyingly missed a Slee Era V with PSU1 for that money over of PFM yesterday but not to worry - what have you got out there. MM please.
    I'm selling a Slee Era V with PSU1 and original packaging. I've advertised at £300 but will sell for £275 for a quick sale as I've got my eye or something else.

montesquieu Guest

Plans on hold for now till my son sorts out what he really wants - thanks for all the input.

+ Reply to Thread