+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi everyone.

I'm George.

Default Hi everyone.

Hi Guys.

It's great to be joining up and I hope over time I can make a worthwhile contribution. I've been an avid music lover and audio enthusiast from the year dot, and this has never waned for one moment. As a former sound engineer in BBC Radio for 30 years, sound has always figured heavily with me one way or another.

Up until a couple of years ago, I ran Reddiamondaudio.net which sold classic gear in pristine condition mainly from B&O and Sony. (Currently, there are exact clones of many pages of the former site which come up on searches, but they're not mine or under my control. Beware!). My new website, which I'm building up when I have time, is “mysonic.space”. This is primarily an information site for classic audio and some general technical articles. It makes no money whatsoever, but does lead to some great contacts!
    My system comprises components which span almost four decades. Particularly interesting is the Sony PS-B80 turntable and the big Convergent Audio Technology Class A 200w valve power amps – best used in cold weather as each one glows with sixteen 6550 output valves. The diverse quantity of audio gear which I have owned (for my own use) over the years is unreal. No doubt that's a familiar story on this site!
    I've been fortunate enough to have owned highly regarded CD players (e.g DCS Paganini), but I've never particularly enthused over the sound of digits, so I've given up for now and I'm 99.9% analogue.
    Taste in music is as eclectic as the system...Monteverdi to Motown. Mostly classical and 60's-90's popular. The collection is still growing and I'll be looking to you guys for recommendations.

I'm based in Edinburgh, so if you're local, be especially sure to give me a shout. I've had good fun with this crazy hobby over the years and will be more than happy to offer any advice I can. I'm currently not involved in audio or Hi-Fi professionally except for a few equipment reviews for which I'm not paid.

Regards to all.

George.

I'm Geoff.

Hello George. Welcome to AOS.

Good intro and an interesting story. Your amps sound impressive, sixteen 6550's each is a heck of a lot!

I'm sure members will be picking your brains about their classic gear.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm George.

Many thanks Geoff. Very glad to be on here.
    I've got quite a collection of classic gear that isn't part of the main set-up. I'll list it in case anyone wants any advice about any of the units.
    Regards. George.
    Main system: Sony Biotracer PS-B80 record deck. Kondo IO-M cart. ASR Basis Exclusive phono stage. Convergent Audio Technology SL3 valve monoblocks. Audio Note (Japanese Audio Note now known as Kondo) M7 Custom pre-amplifier. Wilson Sophia 2's on Townshend isolation platforms. Siltech G6 “Emperor” speaker cables. Interconnects: Audio Note AN-V. Kemp mains conditioner and mains cables.

I'm Grant.

Hi george. Welcome to the site. You used to have a site yourself i think. I stay not so far away really... hope you enjoy yourself.

Like the biotracers too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm M.

Hi George Welcome to AOS

I'm George.

Hi Grant and thanks for your welcome..
    I used to run Reddiamondaudio.net selling nice B&O and Sony classic gear, but now have "mysonic.space" which has some useful (I hope) info about classic and general audio.
    The Biotracers, especially the PS-B80 are amazing for their sound quality. What a shame a Biotracer arm is available as a separate unit.
    Let me know if you fancy a visit to Edinburgh!
    Regards. George
    Main system: Sony Biotracer PS-B80 record deck. Kondo IO-M cart. ASR Basis Exclusive phono stage. Convergent Audio Technology SL3 valve monoblocks. Audio Note (Japanese Audio Note now known as Kondo) M7 Custom pre-amplifier. Wilson Sophia 2's on Townshend isolation platforms. Siltech G6 “Emperor” speaker cables. Interconnects: Audio Note AN-V. Kemp mains conditioner and mains cables.

+ Reply to Thread