+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In praise of headphones

I'm Grant.

Lol. Better than being afraid to move. I like both tbh but cans are at least neighbor and family friendly. Some music is better on them and some on speakers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Lol. Better than being afraid to move. I like both tbh but cans are at least neighbor and family friendly. Some music is better on them and some on speakers
    Neighbours have no right of complaint between the hours of 0900 and 2300; as for family they should have thought about that before marrying/being born into the family of a music enthusiast. Just tell them to turn the telly up a bit, that's what my neighbours do.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Neighbours have no right of complaint between the hours of 0900 and 2300; as for family they should have thought about that before marrying/being born into the family of a music enthusiast. Just tell them to turn the telly up a bit, that's what my neighbours do.
    Real talk.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Shaun.

Yeah, Sue and I rent our current property and we have restrictions from 23:00 to 09:00 which is very fair to me and Sue. As we are now in our fifties we need the sleep post 23:00.

I'm Grant.

Not sure I agree that just because the law says it's ok that it's ok.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

If you don't want to hear your neighbours buy a detached house or join a monastery.

Neil knows what I'm saying.

One of my neighbours used to wake me up at 0600 playing Motley Crue. Did I complain? No. Because it is a terrace house and it comes with the territory.

People who expect constant peace and quiet from their neighbours are either not living in the real world or are totally self-obsessed.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Manners and self restraint young man
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Manners and self restraint young man
    Well, when I was a young man, which is several decades ago now, I was quite self-restrained. Surely one of the only benefits of getting old is that you can start saying 'Bollocks' to it all?

I always admired old people who did that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Shaun.

Oh OK, we are in a detached house

Can I help it that I love to have all of the windows open during the day...?

I'm Kevin.

I think that it is down to common courtesy as well.
    When I lived in the UK, I was in a semi-detached house. Friday and Saturday nights were interesting as they used to come back from the pub/club/party and put the music on quite loud.

I asked them politely to keep,the volume level sensible, but they never did.
    So I got up at 06:00 one morning, turned the 12" powered sub level right up and played the Prodigy as loud as I dared.

They never played the music loud late at night again.....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast