+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dust. What To Do About It?

I'm Dennis.

I have a powerful Amcor ioniser which I bought in the 80s when living in Beckenham. I lent it to my Mother who smoked, and within a month there was 'marmite' dripping down the walls behind it. Yuch.

Yesterday I bought a S/H Kirby vacuum cleaner, very expensive when new, but as good as a Dyson, (which I think overrated and cheaply built), and will last a life time, the Dyson about 3 years.

I'm Martin.

I used to know a salesman for Kirby. Back in the '80s you were looking at a grand for the cheapest model.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Stuart.

Ionisers don't actually clean the air, they just give any give particulates a negative charge, which makes them attract to a nearby surface.
    Thats why the smoker above got "marmite" on the wall...it was just tar in the air being ionised!
    I've struggled with excessive dust for quite a while now...the only solution really is to vacuum more often and do bit of damp dusting.
    If you can't do it yourself, just get a cleaner. A couple of hours a week at minimum wage is only £20.
    Once you're on top of it the dust is controllable.
    Just my two penneth worth.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Dust, what's dust Martin?

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Dust, what's dust Martin?

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

These new "Swiffer" dust mops seem to work well. I mean, they are still manual, but work better than the old damp clothe or using furniture polish on everything. My ex used furniture polish until it was piled up on the tables! Drinks would stick to it! But, with a Swiffer on its wand, a quick pass over my gear once a week or so keeps it fairly dust free.

But that's why ancient ruins are always 30 feet underground! They stopped dusting and it eventually covered them up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Dennis.

What I need is a cleaner, about 30, wearing black satin waitresses clothing to come and do some cleaning for me.

I'm Grant.

close??
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Simon.

Dust ain't gonna clean itself!

My home can get bad (2 cats don't help) but I usually hoover once a week the main areas and everything else about once a fortnight. It's annoying because cat hairs get everywhere and it can look messy again within 48hrs but I refuse to hoover more than once a week. I dust my gear every 2 weeks, only takes 10 minutes and while I can't get to the wires at the back, a bit of dust build-up there is no big issue imo, long as the actual gear is clean. I usually dismantle my rack once a year and give it a thorough clean though.

I'm more worried about dust bunnies building up inside anything with vents. My older Marantz amp is quite dusty inside and I haven't tackled it yet because I'm not sure the best way to do it.

I'm Taz.

Have a cat too and I agree they don't help when trying to keep dust free.
    I use Flash wipes on my furniture and electricals, looks very nice when it's freshly done too.
    You'll get a slow build up of dust but will take a couple of weeks before you'll need to do it again.
    Keeping on top of it is the key

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast