+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kraftwerk Live Birmingham

I'm James.

Great you got to see them Rich.

Not sure if you have a copy of the new 3D live album they have just released but i would recommend you check it out. The recording is superb and really captures their live performance extremely well.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Graham.

Good review J,Mrs O got us tickets for the Brighton concert last week as my birthday treat,seems they have had a few technical problems though,sound was in sync but 2 of the robots were not working,3D was impressive as we sat dead center just below the projector,most enjoyable evening though.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Loz.

Nice write up James. That's really wetted my appetite.
    I'm going to see them for the first next week at The Albert Hall. Very excited.
    +1 regarding Minimum Maximum. A great DVD

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Nice write up James. That's really wetted my appetite.
    I'm going to see them for the first next week at The Albert Hall. Very excited.
    +1 regarding Minimum Maximum. A great DVD
    One of my mates who was with me at the Birmingham gig is also going to the Albert Hall gig next week.

Hope you enjoy.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    John I was in the same row seat 14 row P Stalls! Yes what a great night and fantastic show. I thought the sound was amazing most of the night in symphony hall. Man machine,I think you may agree, was particularly impressive. What an awesome sound!
    We had seats 17,18 and 19.... so I was 3 seats away from you. I concur, the sound was amazing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    I was there too last night Jimbo .... Row P Stalls centre... Birmingham Symphony Hall is a brilliant venue for sound but you're not allowed to stand up and dance!

The gig was amazing - I can't really add to your review and concur that the 2 hours just flew by.

I took my son (20) and a friend (25).....both of them thought it was stunning.

I saw the Kraftwerk previously in Nottingham in the early 80s, and then again in 2004 in Budapest which was recorded for the Minimum Maximum LP.

In my opinion a unique talent.

John
    yes missed kraftwerk becuase could not get a ticket , funnily enough i was there a few weeks ago with roger hodgson of supertramp and they were dancing in the last song in the stalls to `its raining again` whirling brollies etc

https://youtu.be/1x-hi_gHsqs
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    We had seats 17,18 and 19.... so I was 3 seats away from you. I concur, the sound was amazing.
    Talking of which - the sound recording on the 3D live albums is stunning - I have the vinyl and the pressing, album art quality and production is simply wonderful. Definitely audiophile electronica!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Talking of which - the sound recording on the 3D live albums is stunning - I have the vinyl and the pressing, album art quality and production is simply wonderful. Definitely audiophile electronica!
    I totally agree with this, stunning audio quality, great box set, the artwork on each sleeve just sets it off perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12