+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Fire in London

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I think it was built by the council, but Rydon are the owners.
    Rydon are a civil engineering and construction company and did the recent renovation.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Cheers Geoff, hmm, in which case I expect the council to be handing Rydon a lawsuit very soon.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Cheers Geoff, hmm, in which case I expect the council to be handing Rydon a lawsuit very soon.
    Unlikely. Rydon would have tendered for the renovation. The spec would have been determined by the council or their consultant architect. This service could of course have been provided by Rydon, but the council would have been responsible for agreeing it. This could all get very messy from the accountabilty point of view. The fire service and presumably the HSE will hold enquiries. The governement may even set up their own.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Something negligent has gone on for the building to have gone up like that.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

much depends on what started it. could have been vandals, someones flat going up, or most likely an electrical fault. the fact the dry mains wasnt working is potentially a negligent act
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

I'm Geoff.

The number of casualities can't be predicted nor is it likely to be known in total. The nominal occupancy of each flat will not be the actual figure. There would have been numbers of 'unofficial' lodgers renting beds in many of the flats. These may well have been migrants and even illegal immigrants who would not be reported missing.

I'm Grant.

12 dead at moment.. I can imagine councils all over will be checking their stock of flats to see if they used similar stuff.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

You would think that with the H&S obsession in this country that this sort of thing would be impossible especially in a newly-renovated block where you'd expect all fire prevention and retardant measures would be bang up to date. Sadly the obsession only goes as far as ticking boxes on forms to ensure if something bad happens the buck stops nowhere.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm brian.

There s speculation that it may have been caused by a fridge exploding. Heard an eyewitness saying on lbc this morning that he actually
    spoke to the owner of the flat where the fire started, and thats what the man stated. Though of course that is speculation at this point.
    Nothing worse than fire.Poor souls!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast