+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Fire in London

I'm Neil.

Link to centres offering help and aid - http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/14/how-to...ondon-6707464/
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Khan says "questions need to be answered". http://www.itv.com/news/2017-06-14/s...r-block-blaze/

Questions that should already have been asked and answered.

Like why there is no means of dealing with fires in high rise buildings. Why the alarm system didn't operate? Why the single and only one way out was unsafe. Why flammable exterior cladding was chosen and recently installed? (a backhander or two behind that no doubt).

Watching the footage shows the cladding ablaze and taking the fire up the structure.

Last edited by walpurgis; 14-06-2017 at 10:57.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

The building has been declared 'structurally safe'. Rubbish! I know how fire affects buildings. That much sustained heat and with the undoubtedly high temperatures, will have blown and cracked much of the structural concrete. The reinforcing rods will have softened and lost much tensile strength and the steel girder and beam framework will have been similarly damaged. I would not wish to be the engineer stated the building was 'safe'. That'll come back and bite him (or her).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

I just want to commend Victoria Derbyshire's coverage earlier on the BBC, very human, full of compassion. At one point she hugged a man recounting his story - very moving.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The building has been declared 'structurally safe'. Rubbish! I know how fire affects buildings. That much sustained heat and with the undoubtedly high temperatures, will have blown and cracked much of the structural concrete. The reinforcing rods will have softened and lost much tensile strength and the steel girder and beam framework will have been similarly damaged. I would not wish to be the engineer stated the building was 'safe'. That'll come back and bite him (or her).
    Seems a bit soon to be saying it is safe. Media getting it wrong again?

Damage to concrete and steel will depend on the heat of the fire - that was an issue on 9/11 because of the aviation fuel. Furniture etc burning is nothing like as hot a fire.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I just want to commend Victoria Derbyshire's coverage earlier on the BBC, very human, full of compassion. At one point she hugged a man recounting his story - very moving.
    +1
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

I wouldn't want to be living in the other similar blocks. Horrible thought, but to state the glaringly obvious, terrorists looking for easy targets will have spotted this. A petrol bomb would probably be all it takes for a repeat.

I'm Neil.

The owner deserves to get prosecuted for this, and I highly doubt that their insurance will cover anything due to their negligence. People have been complaining about the fire risks for years.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    The owner deserves to get prosecuted for this
    The owner is the local council I believe.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The owner is the local council I believe.
    I think it was built by the council, but Rydon are the owners.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast