+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Fire in London

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It's yet another bloody disgrace by this government! Why should these innocent people suffer such upheaval and inconvenience because of the gross negligence and incompetence of local councils??

Yes, get them the hell out of anywhere that's potentially fatally unsafe, but put them up in hotels, until suitable replacement accommodation has been organised.....! FFS, give them at least some sort comfort as compensation for turfing them out of their homes like this.

Ah, what's that I hear you say? That would cost too much money...? Well, TOO FUCKING BAD! Take it out the wages of the fat cats, whose penny-pinching spending cuts and gross negligence caused this nightmare situation in the first place.

The bottom line is that innocent people shouldn't be made the victims of government and local council incompetence!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

and shouldnt be done under cover of darkness either. They should have CONSULTED the people who live there as to how to procede
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

So far, this is the only 'new home' for most of the displaced residents!

100 inflatable matresses in a hall. To be shared by 800 families. Unbelievable!!

Apart from a few disabled residents and some with youngsters, the rest still have nowhere to go.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

And this is how 'the other half' respond to emergency rehousing.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...nfell-10679951
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

a home from home eh? I bet ya the Councillors wouldn't live there. some of these folk will have left oppression to come here and are marched off in middle of night... getting their kids out of bed etc. it kinda reminds me of a period in mid 20th century
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

its a lovely country lol. these folk will maybe solve the immigration problem by themselves.... who would volunteer to share a country with them
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

So far, this is the only 'new home' for most of the displaced residents!

100 inflatable matresses in a hall. To be shared by 800 families. Unbelievable!!

Apart from a few disabled residents and some with youngsters, the rest still have nowhere to go.
    Makes my blood boil beyond description, mate.... As I said before, animals would be treated better. Well, it's certainly the best ever advert of why NOT to vote Tory, and even more reason why, if there is another election, Mayhem will be out on her arse, faster than it takes her wrinkle cream to dry!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm brian.

This is only halve a mile from me, sky news helicopters hovering above of course!. As a little aside I delivered to the cladding company in these tower blocks
    in 2006, never thought the hooha that would result years later. Yes, camden have probably panicked on this yesterday evening when the results of investigation
    came in, on the other hand if the million to one chance had come up and something nightmarish had occurred in night imagine then folks reaction ?

Absolutely no sign of any human compassion. A sad indictment on the greedy and selfish society that capitalism has created, largely since the Thatcher years, and the inhumane 'me first, at all costs' vermin it's spawned in the process.

I could say plenty about her type, but I'd probably end up being arrested.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Yes, camden have probably panicked on this yesterday evening when the results of investigation
    came in, on the other hand if the million to one chance had come up and something nightmarish had occurred in night imagine then folks reaction ?
    Fine, Brian, if it's only going to be for a short period of time (i.e. no more than 48 hours, I'd suggest) until some proper accommodation has been organised, which allows those involved to live in some dignity, but wait until you see how long they'll be there for, 'living' like that........

As I said before, they should've all been put up in some nearby hotels, until such times as PROPER REPLACEMENT HOMES for them have been found, and hang the cost!

And incidentally, that also applies to the survivors of the fire itself. The fact that some of those poor people have since been left homeless for over a week, including those evacuated from other potentially dangerous tower blocks, and who will now also be homeless for goodness knows how long, is a shocking reflection on 'the system'.

It's certainly a wake-up call, if one were needed, of just how much this government 'cares' for its most vulnerable citizens!!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast