+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: TAKET BATPURE Supertweeter - Mini Project

I'm larry.

Hello everybody
    I also have a pair of Batpure tweeters. They are connected to stacked QUAD 57 directly to it’s speaker terminals. The tweeter is mounted between the QUADs with no enclosure (wires and friction between QUADs only support). They sound so good that I just ordered another pair. I intend to use one pair per stacked QUADs. They also seemed to make the QUADs blend in better with my pair of Linn Sizmik 12.45 subwoofers .
    Muimui

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Horses for courses. I tried them on top, and preferred them on the back firing up. The key message is to ty them for yourself, and see what position you prefer. What they do is subtle for sure, but they do something,
    I agree there can be many factors involved concerning if you like them forward or upward or backward. How reflective are your walls? How big or small your room? Do you have heavy drapes behind your listening position? Or behind the speakers? (A friend hung a large tapestry behind his speakers and made a huge difference in their sound, although no super tweeters.) and why are they called Batpure? Are they made with guano or something? ;-)

Russell

I have lent my Taket Batpures to a mate who has the WD20T speakers which use the Seas transparent concentric driver and their effect is nothing short of miraculous (clarity, liveliness etc. and apparent higher volume) compared to how they perform with my Seas Millenium tweetered WD25Ts (smoother, more sophisticated sounding ). Is this to be expected ? Do concentric cones´tweeters benefit more from supertweeters than conventional ones ? hence the existence of the Tannoy jobs in particular?

I have lent my Taket Batpures to a mate who has the WD20T speakers which use the Seas transparent concentric drivers and their effect is nothing short of miraculous (clarity, liveliness etc. and apparent higher volume) compared to how they perform with my Seas Millenium tweetered WD25Ts (smoother, more sophisticated sounding ). Is this to be expected ? Do concentric cones´tweeters benefit more from supertweeters than conventional ones ? hence the existence of the Tannoy jobs in particular?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567