+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TAKET BATPURE Supertweeter - Mini Project

I'm Brian.

Thanks Andy , I'll have a look .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Batpure adventures Pt II - 50% complete - Still Knackered.

Just a few more pics and a little info. So this is what it looks like in the box, nowt very special I'm afraid. Just some silver wire in Teflon. The box does a good job of keeping the cables seperated and houses the supertweeter.

DSCN3051.jpg

This is what it looks like on top. The red things are cable seperators and offer a degree of vibration isolation from the cabinet and speaker terminals but are mainly used to stop any damage on the cabinet veneer and to tidy the cables.

DSCN3052.jpg

Many cable seperators!

DSCN3050.jpg

So this is how they terminate into my bespoke Tannoy XO's.

DSCN3049.jpg

This is what I see when I sit and have a whisky and listen to Jazz.

batpure.jpg

Now to finish the other tomorrow if I get time.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Looking good Andy . This is a very similar set up to mine , although I fitted binding posts to the back of the box so I could use different cables . I'm now happy with the Kimber Varistrand cable so the binding posts and banana plugs can go and the cable can be connected directly to the Takets .

Nice work so far Andy . I look forward to the finished item .

Just one question . Is this your 2nd set of Takets . If so where are the others situated ?
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Brian, theotherpair are being used with various 1970s speakers and quad ESL 57s. Just experimenting.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alan.

Be interested to know how you get on using them with ESL57's Andy.

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Brian, theotherpair are being used with various 1970s speakers and quad ESL 57s. Just experimenting.
    Are you going to be using them together on the one speaker at any stage Andy ?
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Be interested to know how you get on using them with ESL57's Andy.
    OK, maybe another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Are you going to be using them together on the one speaker at any stage Andy ?
    What do you mean both pair of super tweeters on one set of speakers?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    What do you mean both pair of super tweeters on one set of speakers?
    Try one pair facing forward and another pair facing upwards. I've done this with supertweeters and the effect is interesting.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Try one pair facing forward and another pair facing upwards. I've done this with supertweeters and the effect is interesting.
    Not enough hours in the day at the moment Geoff. I've got a lovely NAD3020B to play with (my second) and various British 70's speakers. Lifes hard!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's the sort of thing I was thinking about .
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast