+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reborn

I'm Norman.

Post Reborn

Hi All,
    Have reawakened my passion for music after a raising son to end of Uni. Stepped of the merry-go-round of HiF i20 something years ago. I had progressed from a second hand LP12 and split counterbalance Ittok to a Brand new Rosewood Lp12,one of the last 2 to leave the factory and an LV111 Ittok,its glued not screwed incarnation, with an At OC9 Cartridge. Amplification moved through a couple of units, I remember an Amadeus Integrated Amp being purchased and trying a couple of Audio Innovation products. Final incarnation in amps was/is Linn Wakonda and a pair of Musical Fidelity P150 Amps in mono configuration bi-wired to a pair of Linn Keilidh speakers. Thinking back about speakers I remember purchasing a pair of B&w 301's and thinking they where the dogs dingily dangilies, also remember splitting the crossover for bi-wire, quite an improvement.
    Start of my new awakening was the purchase of an AT 0c9/111 and a service for the LP12, followed with a Yamaha Network CD player (CD-N301) for digital duties as the plan was and is to Digitize a lot of my vinyl for storage on a Synology NAS using a ADL GT40alpha . To this end thought a dedicated MC Phono stage in the form of a Pro-ject Tube Box DS would suffice, but regrettably the Wakonda has little or no synergy with it. So I think the Wakonda will have to make way for another pre-amp, The GT40 is serving this function for time being. Had use of a Pro-ject Pre Box RS Digital for a while but am probably going to try an Icon Audio Passive R, I need the extra inputs and tape out facilities, under their try it for 30 days offer.
    Musical tastes span a wide spectrum from Prog Rock to Blues and some Jazz, basically if its good music I can appreciate it ! Haven't quite made it to Classical but like some pieces.
    Looking forward to adding my grain of knowledge to the Forum
    Cheers

I'm Geoff.

Hello Norman. Welcome to AOS.

So your system is in a state of flux. Keep us informed as to how that works out.

I'm sure you'll find much useful opinion and expert knowledge here.

Feel free to get involved in the chat. All input is welcome.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Norman. Welcome to AOS.

So your system is in a state of flux. Keep us informed as to how that works out.

I'm sure you'll find much useful opinion and expert knowledge here.

Feel free to get involved in the chat. All input is welcome.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It sure is but I have thoughts on where I go next, so I'll organise the Icon Audio preamp,see I just missed one on here. C'est la vie

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Norman
    Regards Neil

I'm John.

My Icon preamp just sold this morning Norman

Anyway welcome aboard the good ship AoS.

+ Reply to Thread