Hi All,
Have reawakened my passion for music after a raising son to end of Uni. Stepped of the merry-go-round of HiF i20 something years ago. I had progressed from a second hand LP12 and split counterbalance Ittok to a Brand new Rosewood Lp12,one of the last 2 to leave the factory and an LV111 Ittok,its glued not screwed incarnation, with an At OC9 Cartridge. Amplification moved through a couple of units, I remember an Amadeus Integrated Amp being purchased and trying a couple of Audio Innovation products. Final incarnation in amps was/is Linn Wakonda and a pair of Musical Fidelity P150 Amps in mono configuration bi-wired to a pair of Linn Keilidh speakers. Thinking back about speakers I remember purchasing a pair of B&w 301's and thinking they where the dogs dingily dangilies, also remember splitting the crossover for bi-wire, quite an improvement.
Start of my new awakening was the purchase of an AT 0c9/111 and a service for the LP12, followed with a Yamaha Network CD player (CD-N301) for digital duties as the plan was and is to Digitize a lot of my vinyl for storage on a Synology NAS using a ADL GT40alpha . To this end thought a dedicated MC Phono stage in the form of a Pro-ject Tube Box DS would suffice, but regrettably the Wakonda has little or no synergy with it. So I think the Wakonda will have to make way for another pre-amp, The GT40 is serving this function for time being. Had use of a Pro-ject Pre Box RS Digital for a while but am probably going to try an Icon Audio Passive R, I need the extra inputs and tape out facilities, under their try it for 30 days offer.
Musical tastes span a wide spectrum from Prog Rock to Blues and some Jazz, basically if its good music I can appreciate it ! Haven't quite made it to Classical but like some pieces.
Looking forward to adding my grain of knowledge to the Forum
Cheers