+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garrard 401 turntable, Audio Note tonearm, Layers of Beauty plinth, Benz Ace SL cart

I'm Matthew.

Default Garrard 401 turntable, Audio Note tonearm, Layers of Beauty plinth, Benz Ace SL cart

Listing this lovely turntable is not an easy thing to do, but with kids in the house and limited time to sit and listen, this Garrard is not getting a lot of use. I tried many turntables before this (Rega, Project, Michell, Kuzma), but this was by far the best to listen to, look at, and use (IMO!).

Included in the sale is the Garrard 401, Layers of Beauty/ Russ Collinson cherry plinth, Audio Note Arm 1, Benz Ace SL, spare wooden and korian arm boards cut for Rega, SME and a blank spare, as well as an SME riser.

I have boxes for the motor unit, toneram and cartridge, but not the plinth, so this is a collection only item. I live near Derby and work in Blackburn two days a week and would be happy to meet up around those areas, if it helps. I also travel around the country for work, but can't really promse where and when.

This unit is in lovely condition throughout and runs to speed beautifully, with the speed adjustment gauge close to central. It is quiet in operation and runs true, with plenty of torque.

In the summer of 2015, the 401 was serviced at Audio Grail, with the following work carried out:

New idler wheel
    New springs
    New isolation grommets
    Complete motor strip and clean
    New switch inserts
    Exchange of spindle housing
    Full strip down and lubrication
    The Benz Ace also went to Audio Origami for a tip clean earlier this year

The prospective buyer is welcome to come and have a look and listen at my home. Please drop me a PM to arrange.

Price: £1800

I'm Chris.

This is a thing of beauty!
    TT: none atm; Carts: Benz Micro Ace SL; Phono stage: Nuda dual mono
    Digital: Rotel RCD-965BX, rDAC; Amp: Modwright KWI-200, Speakers: Dynaudio Special 25

I'm Geoff.

That looks superb Matthew. I don't think it'll hang around long!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stuart.

Beautiful looking 401, with what looks like Shindo amplifiers.
    Surprised you aren't listening more, if its anything like the Shindo preferred turntables.
    401 motor units are great value compared to the 301's and the bass is just incredible.
    Looks like a drop dead plug-and-play bargain with everything thats included!
    Good luck with the sale

I'm Matthew.

Thanks for the comments gents - it is lovely and I'll be sad to see it go, but it has become a rather expensive and beautiful ornament! Someone else may as well love it.

With kids around, I just don't get time to sit and listen. As such, I really need something more instant than vinyl, where I just press a button on a tablet. I seem to get little windows of time here and there these day, rather than a few hours to sit down and listen.

The other gear you can see is Leben, which might be on here soon too!

I'm Mike.

Oh. my. word.

That is beautiful and a very good price to boot.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Matthew.

Nudge, nudge.....

I'm Matthew.

Now £1750

I'm Matthew.

This is now SOLD. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread