+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nice to be here!

I'm Graeme.

Default Nice to be here!

Hello everyone

I'm a long-time lurker on the forum so I thought that it was about time that I said hello.

I have been into Hi-Fi for a few years now without pretending that I am any sort of expert. I listen to some music most days and currently have a very nice copy of Ballads by John Coltrane on the deck. Sunday tends to be reserved for jazz, if I am listening, with the CDP on in the morning and then the TT fired up for a while in the late afternoon. Apart from jazz my tastes are fairly catholic ranging from Prog to Classical with a hefty dose of acoustic folk in the middle.

My current set up comprises a Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable setup with a very nice AN IQ3 doing cartridge duty whilst my Shelter 5000 is awaiting repair, an Esoteric XO-3 SE sees to the CDs and amplification comprises a pair of Albarry monoblocs and a Modwright LS100 Pre. Finally speakers are a pair of AN E SPe-HEs.

Looking forward to contributing a bit now that I have finally shed by cloak of invisibility.

Graeme

I'm Geoff.

Hi Graeme. Welcome to AOS.

Glad you decided to get stuck in and have a chat. You have some nice equipment there. Do you have any plans for changes?

Feel free to contribute to any discussion that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm M.

Hi Graeme Welcome to AOS

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Graeme.

Good to have another jazzer on board.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Graeme.

Thanks for the welcome guys. No plans for updates in the immediate future I am afraid, I have just had to pull the trigger on an expensive new TV so the budget is non existent for a while.

The IQ3 is a very recent acquisition and I am enjoying discovering the contrast with my Shelter which I never thought I would want to swap.

I will have to have a look at the Album Club - sounds interesting.

Graeme

+ Reply to Thread