+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our NHS Is So Fantastic...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, hope Col's ok. Give him my best, Bev. Tell him he needs to be intravenously fed with copious quantities of Amarone!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Thanks all for your kind words

He is home now so hopefully will recover better

He's a real fighter
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I probably should not have aired this on here but sometimes it helps to share...
    its great to have positive news about the fantastic things the nhs does . so often we only hear the bad . so glad colin is ok and heres hoping he is going to be full recovery
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    its great to have positive news about the fantastic things the nhs does . so often we only hear the bad . so glad colin is ok and heres hoping he is going to be full recovery
    Thanks Phil, yes we have nothing but praise for the NHS and over the 17 years that Colin has had his diagnosis he has been treated so well... copious amounts of Chemotherapy, a stem cell transplant and a trial drug are not nice things to go through but the NHS have been superb throughout. He will never be cured but his treatment has kept him with us so far. When he was first diagnosed in 2000 he was given about 5 years but he's still with us 17 years on and doing much better now after his most recent 'upset' and his blood shows recovery in the right direction

What a fighter he is... he always amazes me

Thanks again to all for your kind words, much appreciated
    Last edited by Ninanina; 16-06-2017 at 23:53.
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dan.

Hope he makes a recovery bev very sad to hear he's been ill all these years we never did have that bake off... hope you both keep well for the future...

Thanks
    Dan...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Hope he makes a recovery bev very sad to hear he's been ill all these years we never did have that bake off... hope you both keep well for the future...

Thanks
    Dan...
    Thanks Dan for your kind words...

We should still have that bake-off sometime... I've 'trimmed' my system right back but still have 2 x AN amps which is a bit extravagant I guess.. the only one I could bring along would be the Oto as the Meishu is just soooo heavy... it's a two man/women lift

However I think you have plenty of kit so it'd be very interesting to take a listen

Do you have any valve amps Dan ?
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    the Meishu is just soooo heavy... it's a two man/women lift
    It's under sixty pounds Bev. Easy to cart about.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's under sixty pounds Bev. Easy to cart about.
    It's a nightmare Geoff... the box has two straps either side to carry it but it's still very heavy.. and I have a bad back
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12