+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RFC Monitor Gold Custom Crossovers

I'm Paul.

Glad to hear that you're pleased with your new crossovers Adam.

I'm Mike.

Planning this upgrade as well. Just have to decide which one of the external options to go for.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Glad to hear that you're pleased with your new crossovers Adam.
    Paul, how have has your sound changed since the crossovers have 'burnt in' to want a better description.
    Any difference from when you first installed to now?
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Richie.

Paul has my Eatons finished and ready to be picked up - I am excited.

I'll add a +1 to adam's post re: the service/advice from Paul - a great guy.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Paul, how have has your sound changed since the crossovers have 'burnt in' to want a better description.
    Any difference from when you first installed to now?
    TBH my crossovers sounded great straight out of the box. I can't say that I noticed anything specific during burn in but, on some favourite records, I did often find myself thinking that I'd never heard my system sounding so good.

That said, soon after the crossovers arrived I made a conscious decision to avoid listening to the hifi, listening for improvements, analysing the sound, making comparisons etc. My aim has been to just enjoy the music. These crossovers and my new valve phono stage, which arrived just a few weeks after the crossovers, have really helped in that respect. They were the icing on the cake, bringing the system together and delivering new levels of realism. My system now is giving me the sound I've been searching for all these years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456