I've been steadily upgrading my system infrastructure with new cables and connectors and also with new equipment supports. Most have given me an upgrade in sound quality I was happy with and one or two changed the sound quality but not in a way I thought was 'better'.

Probably the biggest upgrades were improving the room acoustics by adding a rug between the speakers and my listening position and some cushions to act as bass traps in the room corners behind the speakers. With stone stone floor tiles and bare plaster walls it was echo nightmare when I first moved in and did no favours to the SQ.

After room acoustics the biggest step up in SQ was using Soundcare Superspikes on my speaker stands (floor end) and under my system support (an oak sideboard). Using them under the actual speakers changed the SQ but not in a better way.

The next biggest step ups came in upgrading my RA Yello mains cable connectors from the standard brass to copper IECs and to Silver plated mains plugs. An oak mains block distributor by HiFi in Touch made another significant SQ improvement.

Before the upgrades the SQ was harsh and artificial. Now it is much more natural and detailed.

What improvements made the biggest difference for you?