+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technics su-8080 & st-8080

I'm Andrew.

Default Technics su-8080 & st-8080

Picked up these vintage beauties today in 100% mint condition with their original manuals owned by the guy from new ( 1978 ? )
    Personally I love the look and build quality.
    Not sure if there are any fans of this gear on here but your thoughts and comments would be welcome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

They are pretty good amps. Nice find if you got at a good price... they might surprise you
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Well for what I paid I'd say unbeatable in such condition too . Listening now . Not got a clue what most of the buttons do but with them off it sounds bloody good through the ole Kefs .

I'm Grant.

looks mint lucky guy... thats the trouble living up here audio wise. there are no sellers unless the are asking twice the usual price. so, gotta rely on the post alas. TBF Marco brought me up some part made cabinets for me so that helped a lot.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Yes but you're surrounded by all that natural beauty mate , I'd love it .

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Picked up these vintage beauties today in 100% mint condition with their original manuals owned by the guy from new ( 1978 ? )
    Personally I love the look and build quality.
    Not sure if there are any fans of this gear on here but your thoughts and comments would be welcome...
    Anyone know what model of power amp goes with this setup?
    I've googled it to no avail?

I'm Grant.

Don't think that one has a pre out does it?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Ah right of course it has the tape in outs .
    Cheers

I'm Andrew.

It does have a pre out / main in

I'm Grant.

Oh good. Well guess any of the white faces power amps would be good. They are pricier
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast