+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New London Grammar

I'm James.

Default New London Grammar

The first LG album "If You Wait" was very good indeed and introduced a fantastic vocalist -Hannah Reid but I have just listened to their new album "Truth is a beautiful thing" and found it very disappointing. Monosyllabic and bereft of new ideas. Great voice but woeful compositions.

Anyone enjoying it?

I'm GettingFunky.

It's ok, it is not as haunting as "If you wait"
    Contemplating life, the universe and use of HiFi forums.

Life is too short to worry about the opinion of others.

I'm Dan.

Love it - gave it a spin this afternoon..
    Main System
    Technics 909 U & S Pre & Power Amps & Tannoy eclipse Speakers & Cambridge Interconnects & QED Speaker Cable , Marantz CD 67 OSE , Technics ST GT 1000 Tuner
    Vinyl :
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / VDH Oil Bearing Upgrade / Roksan R Mat

Vintage Second System:
    Sony TA 88 Amplifier , Sony ST 88 Tuner , Realistic Minimus 7 Speakers , Technics SL PG400 CD player , Rega P2 - AT110E Cartridge

I'm Jerry.

No new ideas.
    In fact less inspired than the 1st album, by a fair old way.
    Hannah Reid seems less involved and impassioned this time round. Which is a shame as she has a great voice.
    Maybe it will grow on me.
    Jerry

Qobuz Hifi / Spotify Premium streaming, SMSL M8 DAC + L-PSU, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50 monoblocks, MBL 116F.

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

I'm Martin.

Loved the first album so hope I dont find this new release to be disappointing

I'm Ian.

I got the deluxe vinyl version on release day. First thing that struck me was production quality was way better than the first album where Hanna's voice could occasionally get a bit edgy. First listen or two I had similar thoughts to some of the comments above but it's a real grower which in truth was for me the case with the first album.

I'm jamie.

bollocks! ive just bought a copy to dip my toe
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers ,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,Pioneer PA-5000,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Zeta tonearms,Denon 103SA Cartridge's,Denon HA-500 Head Amp, John Wood KT88 Valve Amp,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm GettingFunky.

Fora can be expensive places at times.
    Contemplating life, the universe and use of HiFi forums.

Life is too short to worry about the opinion of others.

I'm jamie.

tell me about it! lol
    im listening to the new london grammar lp now,its not bad at all,sounds lovely but then ive not heard the 1st lp.
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers ,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,Pioneer PA-5000,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Zeta tonearms,Denon 103SA Cartridge's,Denon HA-500 Head Amp, John Wood KT88 Valve Amp,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm jamie.

weirdly ive just got the first album and prefer the second,perhaps it will grow on me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast