+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The best speakers I've ever heard.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I expect it's already happened Barry.
    Indeed it has. And then some. At the risk of making Barry look like Doctor Evil making a ransom demand, here are some $2 million loudspeakers:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Trans...m-118692.shtml
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I expect it's already happened Barry.
    It seems it has: http://worldmost.org/most-expensive-speakers/
    Barry

I'm Jez.

Has anyone ever confirmed their existence? I find the specs unbelievable frankly.... 143dB continuous? At what frequency? and what distance?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Shane.

I wonder how much it costs, to build a pair of Kiss speakers? (Before profit etc)

S.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Has anyone ever confirmed their existence? I find the specs unbelievable frankly.... 143dB continuous? At what frequency? and what distance?
    6KW of power spread over 'a mind-boggling array of forty 15” subwoofers and twenty-four 8” woofers. Summing these with the 210ft, 2” HF/midrange ribbon and the 13ft, 1” UHF ribbon'

It isn't impossible if you open that up full chat
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I've had the best part of 120db in my little 'den'. Mind you, that needed around 40 watts .

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I've had the best part of 120db in my little 'den'. Mind you, that needed around 40 watts .
    So with an extra 7,960 watts you could reach +143dB, though I doubt your speakers (or your hearing) would survive!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Yes. I know loudness is on a steep curve. Can't remember if thats exponential, parabolic, tangental, sinusoidal or other though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I believe sound pressure levels of 200dB above the threshold of hearing can kill.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Dunno. Never tried it!

Wouldn't make one too popular with neighbours I should think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast