+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best speakers I've ever heard.

I'm Clive.

Default The best speakers I've ever heard.

Yesterday I visited a friend who like me has a full Cyrus Signature system. He has just come into possession of a pair of Vienna Acoustics "The Kiss" speakers. Put simply, these are the best speakers I've heard in my life. Some piano music (Dave Brubeck) was played and I closed my eyes and could honestly believe that there was a piano in the room, it was simply breathtaking. Then some female vocal (Eva Cassidy), she could also have been in the room.
    After a couple of hours I was feeling a little sad as I knew that a) I could never afford a pair of these magnificent speakers and b) I could never put a pair in my room as SWIMBO would throw a dippy fit. On their stands they are huge and wot with the 14,000 they cost, I'm sure divorce would be on the cards. My friend was exceptionally lucky to be offered these secondhand for less than I had paid for my Spendor's. As you can understand, he decided that to refuse would have been very rude.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOURCE:Cyrus Phono Signature+PSX-R,Cyrus StreamXSignature,Cyrus CDXtSignature, OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyHD, Technics SL1210M5G/Achromat/MN Bearing/Isonoes with Boots/Origin Live Encounter Mk3A/Ortofon Cadenza Black or Hana SL or AT33PTG/II
    AMPLIFIER: Cyrus DAC XP Signature+PSX-R2, 2 x Cyrus Mono X300 Signature
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7.
    HEADPHONES OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, Arcam rHead, OPPO PM-3 with Atlas Zeno cable, Atomic Floyd TwistJax, Chord Mojo.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker - Chord Signature. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR, Chord Shawline XLR, Chord Indigo Tuned ARAY, Chord Indigo Plus.
    Digital: Missing Link Binary Star x2, Cyrus Digital, Chord Optichord.
    Mains: Chord Power Chord x5, Homemade SupraLoRad 1.5/MK/Wattgate x5, IsoTek Orion 6 way, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives

I'm Brian.

These look nice Clive . I've heard a few speakers over the years which I would like to have but couldn't afford . If it helps any , I can't afford these either

Doesn't make it any easier to get them out of my head either
    Regards
    Brian

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    Rega DAC .
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Van Damme hi-fi series 6mm .

I'm Martin.

Interesting design. Can see how they could be pretty good. Stereophile review here https://www.stereophile.com/floorlou...ker/index.html
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mike.

I don't try see the point of listening to something I'll never be able to afford or buy, it would just annoy me, forever, lol

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I don't try see the point of listening to something I'll never be able to afford or buy, it would just annoy me, forever, lol
    Funny point of view Mike. I enjoy listening to all gear, regardless of cost. The Avant Garde Trios spring to mind, love hearing those, but there's no way I could buy them.

There again. I've heard mega dear Avalons and Wilsons and been pretty underwhelmed each time.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Robert.

Nice post Clive. At 14K retail I'd expect something very very special 'cause that's a lot of pound coins in anyone's language whether they can afford them or not.

Looks like he got a a right result going by what you said he got them for - lucky boy!

I'm Phil.

yes I heard the kiss speakers , glad you were impressed . are you going to put a review on the cu forum ?
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/onkyo sacd /bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc xlr/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/verity audio rienzi speakers

I'm Russell.

I heard some electrostatics driven by a mega expensive system at a local salon some 28 years ago, and I've been chasing that sound ever since. I'm still not there, but getting closer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    yes I heard the kiss speakers , glad you were impressed . are you going to put a review on the cu forum ?
    No, I'll leave that to Steve as they are his speakers
    SOURCE:Cyrus Phono Signature+PSX-R,Cyrus StreamXSignature,Cyrus CDXtSignature, OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyHD, Technics SL1210M5G/Achromat/MN Bearing/Isonoes with Boots/Origin Live Encounter Mk3A/Ortofon Cadenza Black or Hana SL or AT33PTG/II
    AMPLIFIER: Cyrus DAC XP Signature+PSX-R2, 2 x Cyrus Mono X300 Signature
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7.
    HEADPHONES OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, Arcam rHead, OPPO PM-3 with Atlas Zeno cable, Atomic Floyd TwistJax, Chord Mojo.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker - Chord Signature. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR, Chord Shawline XLR, Chord Indigo Tuned ARAY, Chord Indigo Plus.
    Digital: Missing Link Binary Star x2, Cyrus Digital, Chord Optichord.
    Mains: Chord Power Chord x5, Homemade SupraLoRad 1.5/MK/Wattgate x5, IsoTek Orion 6 way, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives

I'm paul.

Clive, they may well be the best speakers you've heard but the law of physics tells me they may not be as good as they look and maybe their looks seduced you more. 14000 is a lot of money for a pair of stand mounts albeit with unique life style looks. It's all about what people will pay at the end of the day.
    Sony STR 6055 Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 Zu omen

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons Najda dsp as dac Akai AM-U02 Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable
    SAE1000LT

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast