A few years ago my other half decided to redo the lounge. The hifi was not part of the plan, so I moved it into my tiny office. The Dali 104 floor standers went and the OTO SE phono has been sitting since then unused on the rack. I bought some small speakers, Linn Tukans, and a Kairn preamp and an LK140 amp to go with the LP12. It's an ok setup for a small space, but just lacks something that was there with the old system. Thought it might be the tiny room, so set up in the dining room. Not ideal as there is a hulking table bang in the middle. Still something missing so I think it's time to get some suitable speakers and fire up the valves again.

I've been lurking on here and other sites looking at speakers. Amazed to see Goldring GL75s still doing the rounds (no pun intended). My first turntable bought in 1969. Brilliant. First started listening to LPs on my dad's record player - the all in one box job with the plastic arm. Then bought the GL75, an amp and made some speakers from a kit. What a difference. No idea what happened to the GL75. Probably took it to the dump years ago.

Just shows what goes around, comes around (pun intended).

Happy listening.