+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can you enjoy listening to music ...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Well it was produced by Martin Hannet. I think she picked it out of my varied collection because she kept saying "what a bummer man" and Americanisms like that

Im not sure its the archetypal hi fi show album but it is damn good.

Later on The Eagles on a travel mix tape started killing our relationship as I obviously wasnt cool enough for her I have a wide taste in music but I just hadnt formulated my cool factor when considering my music collection. The coffee table album stage wasnt long behind me but I was still a bit confused.
    With the cool factor I think it is okay to balance it out. Curtis Mayfield will cancel out Dire Straits. Elvis Costello cancels out Sting. And so forth. As long as by the end of the process you have a surfeit of cool: then you have cool tastes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    With the cool factor I think it is okay to balance it out. Curtis Mayfield will cancel out Dire Straits. Elvis Costello cancels out Sting. And so forth. As long as by the end of the process you have a surfeit of cool: then you have cool tastes.
    Yes Its funny that Martin and so true. I would be very wary of the perfect record collection for show. Younger people can be more blinkered because they are worried about being cool.

Music is a journey of discovery and tastes can change. Some music hasnt stood my test of time and Ive moved on

I am far more relaxed about it now and enjoying music more than ever. Im enjoying Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell now in a way I never did before. Of course they were always cool but its like Im finally seeing the light as I mature.

All the best
    Martin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234