+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted - really good headphones (offers or suggestions!)

I'm gone.

Default Wanted - really good headphones (offers or suggestions!)

Headphones wanted.

Prepared to pay up to £500.

Used or new.

Closed / minimal leakage.

No bass exaggeration.

Not in-ear or on-ear ... Must surround the ol' lug-holes and be very cumfy.

Suggestions / offers?

I'm Grant.

oppo's the PM-3 planer -sound and comfort to die for... Price varies from £350/400. I forget i have them on tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Try turning the sound up.

Yup, thanks, I'll look into those

I'm gone.

Hmm, not a bad review http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...1299128/review

"Don't even bother reading this review - just go out and buy these headphones."

I'm Chris.

Hi Jerry
    AKG 701's I am very happy with, they are the most comfortable headphone and best sounding
    with nothing exaggerated, I have heard. I'm keeping mine, but recommend them to you.

Some hifi dealers will have a range of headphones you can try. and Head fi https://www.head-fi.org/
    is easy to spend several days looking for what is good. Generally those manufacturers that also
    manufacture microphones are pretty good at making headphones too, ie Sennheiser, Audio Technica
    and AKG to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Headphones wanted.

Prepared to pay up to £500.

Used or new.

Closed / minimal leakage.

No bass exaggeration.

Not in-ear or on-ear ... Must surround the ol' lug-holes and be very cumfy.

Suggestions / offers?

I'm gone.

Thanks Chris.
    I have owned 2 pairs of AKG 701.
    I sold and re-bought as, given the reviews and high regard, I couldn't believe I actually disliked them as much as I did when I had the 1st pair.
    I did.
    They sound awful to me! Light and boppy, amongst other crimes!
    I want rather more gravitas to the sound while retaining detailed and open mids and highs.

I have a pair of AKG 551 that I hugely prefer.

I'm Lawrence.

Fostex T50RP with new pads can't be beat at anywhere near the price, have a lovely tone and detail but not in yer face. I has Akg 701 and 702, like you I sold them both, the Fostex is a keeper even though I have hifiman HE400/500/6.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Fostex T50RP with new pads can't be beat at anywhere near the price, have a lovely tone and detail but not in yer face. I has Akg 701 and 702, like you I sold them both, the Fostex is a keeper even though I have hifiman HE400/500/6.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Lawrence - I see they are described as semi-open - how much sound do they leak?

I'm Ash.

Sennheiser HD600 or HD650. Either is at half your budget.
    See the innerfidelity YouTube video reviews.
    A
    Nearer your budget try the Beyerdynamic T1 second generation (used) or the AKG 812 (see Amazon Marketplace for one for a our £610)
    However, IMHO, to truly beat the HD600 or HD650 you'll need to spend near to £1K upwards which puts you in Audeze, Mr Speakers, Focal area
    Amazon have a 30 day money back policy, so worth using them if there's not a dedicated store near you.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Thanks Lawrence - I see they are described as semi-open - how much sound do they leak?
    Virtually none, the porting is a curious small slat that actually improves bass response like a ported speaker. I have the open and the bass was crazy, so.I.opened it.up and inserted a cotton wool pad which tightened it up. By.picking the open version I had the tuneability, but if you dont need that just go for.the closed version, think its T40RP. Or get whatever's going on ebay and stuff the port.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast