+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Greece

I'm Nikos.

Default Hello from Greece

Dear all,

I am happy to be a new member here.

Some info for me and my system.

I am in audio - high end audio for 40 years and still have the passion for music and the live reproduction - presentation through audio systems.

I have changed lots of systems and I decided to stay with SE tubes and horns.

My last system consists of Thorens TD 124 MKII , Fidelity research FR64S, Audio Note IO1 cartridge. The step up is also AN as the Phono stage and tonearm outer cable. Second Thorens TD124II /SME 3009 non improved, Audio Note IQ3. Amplifiers are intergtaed from Master Sound Compact 300B and Audio Note 211. Speakers are the field coil GIP LABORATORY Horns (Western Electric clones) made in Japan ,equiped with one 18'' woofer , one 8'' mid and one horn tweeter. CD players are the AMR 77 and Audio Note CD2,1.

I love the sound of the above system that I finally obtained to own, I love field coil drivers in horn enclosures, 300B tubes and Thorens TD 124II serviced with parts from Schopper , Simon Luceti etc.

I ended up to the above and I hope to be my last system. It is my escape from all day long stress and my medicine to continue living in crisis of economy here.
    A kind of meditation, an emotional communication with the musiciens, my music lessons, my company at home, my enthusiasm of the enjoyment of music etc.

All the best

I'm Geoff.

Hello Nikos. Welcome to AOS.

You have some interesting equipment. A few photos for our Gallery section would be appreciated.

We have quite a few members who like horn speakers. Myself included.

Tell us what music you listen to and have a chat with the folk here, they are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread