+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm new here ...

I'm Tony.

Default I'm new here ...

... but being an admin on another (not a hifi!) forum, I thought I really ought to try to follow the rules here.

I've been "into" music since my teenage years back in the 70s. I've amassed various collections in the media of the day, from LPs to cassettes to Minidiscs to CDs to mp3s (I know, heresy) to Flacs, and currently mainly back at CDs.

My main system isn't that special, mid-range hifi aimed more at ease of use rather than finding the last ounce of aural quality.

So, what am I doing here?

I am looking for somewhere suitable to sell some reasonably high-end hifi kit (my deceased father's). No way I'm going to the bay of Evil, and I'd prefer to avoid selling to a shop/dealer. This looks like a more lively and interesting forum than others I've considered.

But, of course, I need to take some photos first, so I'll be back next week with pics, and probably some questions about what it all is!

I'm Grant.

Hi Tony, try and join in a bit. It will no doubt help you. sorry to hear about you dad.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tony. Welcome to AOS.

Sorry to hear your father passed away. I'm sure we can assist you in identifying the equipment and giving you an idea of value. I'd suggest starting a thread in the Blank Canvas section and asking for opinions. The members are friendly and helpful.

When you get around to selling, the Private Exhibitions area is the place to offer items.

Feel free to join in the chat, you don't have to be an expert or aiming high with your Hi-Fi. The banter does not even have to be about Hi-Fi. There are sections for all topics and all input is welcome.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

Thanks both

+ Reply to Thread