+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visiting London next week

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post
    That old boy behind oxford street closed a couple years back , that was a vinyl haven. Used to be in the alley behind Virgin megastore.

London is a remarkable city , I spend most of my time not working in the west end and have done so for the past 35 years. I never tire of it even though it is changing and not for the better......still great.
    I'm very excited to hear that, as I adore big cities. Quick question: I remember reading Lennon's biography, when he left London and moved with Yoko to New York in the early 1970s. The reporter asked him why the move, and John replied how he thinks London is like a lame sleepy village compared to the grandness of New York (or some words to that effect).

Now, I find that puzzling, because to me New York is a pretty drab, unexciting (even a bit boring) place. So why would Lennon claim that it's much grander than London? Seems odd...
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Grant.

London...Bah... Glasgow and Edinburgh are better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Liverpool really.

That aside it was 40 odd years ago he said that. London is very different now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alex.

Breaking news: just received the message from the landlord that the apartment I booked in London has been temporarily restricted by the police. The surrounding streets & areas has been closed since last Saturday night 3rd June, as the police carry out their investigations on the crime scene. All guests in the property had to be evacuated & were relocated.

Shit!
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Geoff.

Doesn't sound promising.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123