+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjusting Linear Power Supply?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Adam.

I have the same supply as you with 15v and 5v.

Mine arrive as specified but does occasionally drift so I leave the top allen keys undone so I can adjust more easily.

BTW my left display (when looked at from the front) is 15.0v (to one decimal place). I can always get it to 15.0v with a little patience.

..and the right display is 5.00v (to two decimal places). This tends to drift more because of the greater accuracy needed for 2 decimal places.

BTW don't feel embarrassed about not seeing the adjustment screws. My 50 year old eyes did not spot them either. I sent a photograph to Stan for help. When I viewed the photo lit up brilliantly by the flash it was more obvious though.

Also as the voltage cockup was down to the seller. I would say there is a good case for them letting you keep the existing power supply and sending you another. That way you can use the existing one for now on the SEG only whilst waiting for the replacement. Once the new one arrives you can then keep the wrong voltage one as a spare or use it to power other stuff.
    Last edited by Theadmans; 07-06-2017 at 17:42.
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread