+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a better bluetooth solution than small can speakers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm vicki.

Smile Looking for a better bluetooth solution than small can speakers

Hi everyone,

Over the years, like a lot of people, we have stopped buying CD's and have been buying music through iTunes and more recently through spotify. We are a family of five, and for us, the family spotify account is the solution. Because of this though, we don't really have any hifi equipment. We have a few jam speakers, which are great for music on the go, and we can stream through our smart tv and the computer of course.

I am looking for

- possibly 2 speakers that will sit on a shelf and give a more stereo sound - a bonus would be if they were pleasant to look at.
    - must be bluetooth so I can just send the music from my iPhone and not have to hitch up
    - don't mind them having a power cable as I don't intend to move them around, in fact this would be preferable as I don't really want to have to charge them up.

If there is a single system that would give a good stereo sound without that tinny single speaker thing going on, then I would consider that.

Budget is up to £200.. I am happy to just spend £100 if there is a solution that does the job. I'm not after perfection, just a vastly improved sound experience to the Jam speakers we currently have.

I would love some help from people that know what the specific names/numbers are that I need, as I have no clue. I have searched and searched but find that I am unaware whether the things I am looking at will actually do the job.

Many thanks

I'm Neil.

It'll be difficult to find speakers with integrated bluetooth that are either in-budget, or sound good.

My suggestion would be:

Pick up a pair of Mission 780SE or 760i speakers for under £70, the ones that look like this:

There's some compact all-in-one Amp / DAC / bluetooth units that you can plug into them, such as the Tangent Ampster BT: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/iqn/Tange...er/B0183LP818/ or at a budget: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMSL-SA-36...-/272579268055

Basically search for "bluetooth DAC amp" to have a look at integrated units...
    Last edited by Yomanze; 07-06-2017 at 07:54.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm vicki.

Thanks Yomaze,

Have I stumbled upon a potential gap in the market then. Maybe what I would like doesn't exist as a single unit/pair of

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by VICTORIA PLUM View Post
    Thanks Yomaze,

Have I stumbled upon a potential gap in the market then. Maybe what I would like doesn't exist as a single unit/pair of

Well well well, look what I just found!

https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision....gloss-red.aspx

Perfect. RRP £350, going for £179.

Q Acoustics have been getting a great reputation for HiFi sound at a budget.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm vicki.

Gosh!! They are fabulous!!

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post

A friend of mine bought these a while back and they do a very good job indeed.
    Not sure they are worth 350 but certainly a good buy for 179.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm vicki.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post

I have just opened these as a birthday present and we've set them up. They are amazing!! PERFECT!

Thank you SO MUCH for finding them and suggesting them. Made my day!

I'm Geoff.

Jolly good Vicki. Glad you're sorted.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by VICTORIA PLUM View Post
    I have just opened these as a birthday present and we've set them up. They are amazing!! PERFECT!

Thank you SO MUCH for finding them and suggesting them. Made my day!
    Great, Happy Birthday! Am certain they will be way better than the usual Bluetooth speakers and will make the Bose stuff sound like a toy. A bargain at the price, tempted myself.

I'm Barry.

How about a pair of decent quality active speakers plus a simple bluetooth receiver with stereo out? ok, you would need 2 power points and a cable from the receiver to the speakers. Or a pair of bluetooth active speakers http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-17832-tib...-speakers.aspx
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 07-06-2017 at 09:31.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast