+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Mafia Welcomes Colin Wonfor

I'm Mike.

I'm Mike.

Great day, a pleasure to meet everyone and have a good listen to EWA's kit which included.....

EWA 25w power amp, EWA pre amp, 100w monoblocks, my PMC 21's, Frugel speakers, AN K speakers as well as Ali's setup.

Lots of great music, some terrible music 😁, great food.

I only took one photo to show my wife the Frugel speakers alongside my PMC's.

I'm Mel.

I think I am beginning to understand why the particants of the meeting are referred to as the Scottish Mafia.

The Mafia aspect obviously relates to the secretive nature of their meetings and lack of any information about what went on.

The Scottish term seems to infer they may have spent the day drinking pints of 'Heavy' before indulging in a curry feast.

No doubt they are all now downing copious cans of Irn Bru to get over their well deserved headaches.

Or have I got it all wrong and they are just taking time to put together a fantastic review of the day in order to make the rest of us jealous ?

Mel
    Last edited by Cycleallday; 22-06-2017 at 09:14.

I'm Alan.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I think I am beginning to understand why the particants of the meeting are referred to as the Scottish Mafia.

The Mafia aspect obviously relates to the secretive nature of their meetings and lack of any information about went on.

The Scottish term seems to infer they may have spent the day drinking pints of 'Heavy' before indulging in a curry feast.

No doubt they are all now downing copious cans of Irn Bru to get over their well deserved headaches.

Or have I got it all wrong and they are just taking time to put together a fantastic review of the day in order to make the rest of us jealous ?

Mel
    Lol, I've not had time I'm afraid, too busy working and being a domestic slave 🙄

I might get time today as I'm off but I'm just sitting here chilling to some tunes and can't be arsed doing anything 😁

I'm Grant.

Just not good enough is it?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Here's a quickie, we had the Frugels set up with the EWA 100w monoblocks and EWA Q-20-P PreAmp, playing Johnny Cash 'One' from his album American III: Solitary Man.

Outstanding, it was almost like he was standing in Ali's living room playing live. I really like the monoblocks, loads of effortless power, but seeing as I already have the M50 power amp prototype to play with at home I was more interested in hearing the Pre Amp and the Frugels.

I don't think anyone there had heard the Frugels sound better, and switching to the little Q-20 25w power amp seemed to suit them even better, almost as if the 100w monoblocks were just too much for them, hardly surprising mind you with only 4" full range drivers, I don't think Steve had 100w powerhouses in mind when he designed them.

I don't have any photos of the gear but Brian took a few I'm sure he'll post them when he gets time.

I'm tony.

I was night shift after the get together and have just woke up after my last one. I will let myself wake up a bit and then try to post my impressions. Sorry about the lack of feedback.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    I was night shift after the get together and have just woke up after my last one. I will let myself wake up a bit and then try to post my impressions. Sorry about the lack of feedback.
    Nae rush...

I'm Mike.

Done yet?

😂

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast