+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm James.

Eany meany miney Moe, bugger ,labour, what can you do
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Frankly I'm in the Christopher Hitchens school of thought when it comes to religion: a plague on all their houses!
    Geoff, lets keep such inflammatory remarks off of the thread. Do remember that there are many members here with religious beliefs and faiths, myself included as a practising Catholic, who may find such comments extremely offensive.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Geoff, lets keep such inflammatory comments off of the thread. Do remember that there are many members here with religious beliefs, myself included as a practising Catholic, who may find such comments extremely offensive.

Marco.
    I'd be more concerned about the beginning of the comment above... "eany meany miny moe..." yeah and how does that continue? Not that any of it makes sense...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I very much doubt that there were any racist connotations in James' post, Jez, but the remarks Geoff made previously were WAY out of order, especially for those here who are caring and considerate individuals, who practice their faith/religion in peace and in private.

Such remarks will not be permitted on AoS, under any circumstances, including you +1-ing them.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    No smutch on Leader Corbyn, but I think he'll be pi55ing in the wind with Islamic State. Just how does one negotiate with a genocidal fundamentalist outfit bent on establishing a World Calipihate? They wish to return as much of the world as they can get their medieval hands on to the 7th century and carry out genocide as they go. When enough of the earth is under their control humanity will enter the last days - Islamic State will suffer huge reverses but will defeat 'the armies of Rome' [their term]. At the moment the chief victims of Islamic State seem to be other Muslims - 200 million Shiite Muslims have been earmarked for subjection wherever they can be found along with what IS term 'the moderns' - that's any other human being not willing to live in their recreation of the brutal conditions of obtaining at the time of Mohammed's rule. Islamic State do not seek peace, they seek dominance over the face of the whole earth and the destruction of infidels and apostates culminating in a final battle between good [them] and evil [everyone else].

They are not another armed group with a political agenda that can be met or partially met with concessions to achieve a workable peace like the IRA or ETA. They are men with medieval millenarian minds whose application of violence is about pursuing the correct religious path to the Day of Judgement. There may be Jihadist groups who are amenable to trading concessions, but I don't think Islamic State will be among them.
    how about we stop selling arms to the saudis that fund/arm them? wait, that's good for industry, right? no, i have a better idea - lets cut funding to the people that find them. let's get rid of a few cops, while we are at it and take away our civil liberties - what so we have to hide?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Geoff, lets keep such inflammatory comments off of the thread. Do remember that there are many members here with religious beliefs, myself included as a practising Catholic, who may find such comments extremely offensive.

Marco.
    I was brought up as a Roman Catholic in a succession of schools run by nuns and brothers and it is that experience which explains my current position. I think your sense of offence is unmerited: I am not saying that you do not have the rights to your beliefs, on the contrary. However, you would deny me the right to my belief that organised religion has been a major source of world conflict for millennia, with the three monotheist Abrahamic religions the main contributors to those ills. Look at the history of the Roman Catholic church in terms of corruption, torture, support for brutal regimes and wars waged on other religions. These crimes continue today and I am offended by them. Maybe this is not the forum to discuss them but whilst I defend the right of those who have a faith to practice their religion without impediment, I believe I have the right to express a contrary view. As the owner of this forum you have the power to deny me that voice but saying something that is disagreeable is not a basis in my opinion to deny someone the right to say it.

Geoff

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    No smutch on Leader Corbyn, but I think he'll be pi55ing in the wind with Islamic State. Just how does one negotiate with a genocidal fundamentalist outfit bent on establishing a World Calipihate? They wish to return as much of the world as they can get their medieval hands on to the 7th century and carry out genocide as they go. When enough of the earth is under their control humanity will enter the last days - Islamic State will suffer huge reverses but will defeat 'the armies of Rome' [their term]. At the moment the chief victims of Islamic State seem to be other Muslims - 200 million Shiite Muslims have been earmarked for subjection wherever they can be found along with what IS term 'the moderns' - that's any other human being not willing to live in their recreation of the brutal conditions of obtaining at the time of Mohammed's rule. Islamic State do not seek peace, they seek dominance over the face of the whole earth and the destruction of infidels and apostates culminating in a final battle between good [them] and evil [everyone else].

They are not another armed group with a political agenda that can be met or partially met with concessions to achieve a workable peace like the IRA or ETA. They are men with medieval millenarian minds whose application of violence is about pursuing the correct religious path to the Day of Judgement. There may be Jihadist groups who are amenable to trading concessions, but I don't think Islamic State will be among them.
    Thats pretty much spot on and the reason I think Jeremy Corbyn is a wasted vote.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    There are much bigger fish to fry than worrying about terrorists. I'm infinitely more concerned about fighting poverty than terrorism. I'd wager that for every 1 killed by terrorists a hundred have died after taking their own lives cos they can't take the poverty... or the pain they're in whilst waiting for an operation, any longer.

Of course this is how The Daily Mair etc wants it's "readers" to think... 1000 die over a few months from curable disease, cos the NHS is so run down, and non of them gives a toss.... not even newsworthy. But if 1 "decent Christian white English person" is killed by a "Johnny foreigner darky Muslim" then it's hell to pay!

My Dad died whilst on a waiting list for a heart operation. If he had an untreatable illness that's one thing, but if the NHS had more resources he would have been seen sooner and may well have lived. People have become so brainwashed by the evil right whinge media that they're more concerned about a single person dying at the hands of a terrorist than a thousand like my Dad dying whilst waiting for an operation...
    So you voted remain in EU which means as many people that wish to, can come and live here and put growing pressure on a system that already cant handle the amount of people who need its services.

Poverty has grown at a rate only matched by immigration.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    how about we stop selling arms to the saudis that fund/arm them? wait, that's good for industry, right??
    Right. You stop selling weapons to the Saudis, someone else sells them instead. All you achieve is to put a load of people on the dole for no net benefit.

In any case it is unlikely that any weapons sold to the Saudis end up with IS. It is high tech stuff, not knackered Isuzu jeeps with what look like Russian made 30 mm cannons mounted on them. They didn't get any of their kit directly from the manufacturers, or any government. It is clearly all old and third party sourced. They would seem to almost certainly get funding from Saudi Arabia but that could come from a number of parties, 'The Saudis' are a pretty big grouping with their own factions and intrigues, as with any country. The other way they were getting funding was by selling oil produced in their captured territories.

The problem is that anything you do with this situation affects every facet of everything else. There are no simple solutions - if there were they would have been deployed already.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Cancelling that holiday in Tehran then are you?
    That's what you do very well, get personal when things don't go your way. It's pathetic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast