+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm Martin.

I agree, except for the bit about him being 'nice.' He's a self-important old fool.

If he spent half of what he wants to spend we would be in a sovereign debt crisis within a year.

Except of course we can just take all the money we need off the multitudes of rich people and the big corporations; it really is so simple it is a wonder no-one has ever thought of it before...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Corbyn is dangerously naïve, totally inexperienced and not very bright.
    I think we'll just have to 'agree to disagree' And May is about as "bright" as the colour of her bathwater....

It's not a case of negotiating directly with ISIS, of course that would be fruitless, but rather imposing diplomatic measures/sanctions in the right areas, which hopefully will result in subduing their actions.

There are things that can be done out with of bombing the hell out of their homeland, and killing 1000s of innocent people in the process, that may reduce the type of 'reprisals' we're seeing now.

As I said, current policy isn't working, so we need change, and if the Tories remain in power after the election, they'll do 'hee-haw' different to what they're doing now, with the same consequences - and that situation is untenable.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Except of course we can just take all the money we need off the multitudes of rich people and the big corporations; it really is so simple it is a wonder no-one has ever thought of it before...
    Well, it would help if policies were put in place to reduce their current, rather vulgar 'perks'! That would be a start, at least.

ANYTHING that, for a change, prioritises the needs of the common man, ahead of those of the 'toffs' and elite, is a step in the right direction, in terms of creating a fairer and more equal society, and the only party currently capable of winning the election, and who would take steps to do that, is Labour.

Btw, how you could even consider voting UKIP, is beyond me, as they're ostensibly a watered-down, superficially more palatable version of the NF! Racists should never be in power in our country

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

I see Diane Abbott has been 'sidelined': http://www.itv.com/news/2017-06-07/d...to-ill-health/

Best thing from Corbyn's point of view I'd say, to me she looks a clueless and hideous embarrassment.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Agreed. There must be someone else in the party better equipped to fill that position than her.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Andrew Neil s vigil ( pray for Diane ) not worked then ?. Though to be fair there could be more in this
    than we realise at the moment.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    There are much bigger fish to fry than worrying about terrorists. I'm infinitely more concerned about fighting poverty than terrorism. I'd wager that for every 1 killed by terrorists a hundred have died after taking their own lives cos they can't take the poverty... or the pain they're in whilst waiting for an operation, any longer.

Of course this is how The Daily Mair etc wants it's "readers" to think... 1000 die over a few months from curable disease, cos the NHS is so run down, and non of them gives a toss.... not even newsworthy. But if 1 "decent Christian white English person" is killed by a "Johnny foreigner darky Muslim" then it's hell to pay!

My Dad died whilst on a waiting list for a heart operation. If he had an untreatable illness that's one thing, but if the NHS had more resources he would have been seen sooner and may well have lived. People have become so brainwashed by the evil right whinge media that they're more concerned about a single person dying at the hands of a terrorist than a thousand like my Dad dying whilst waiting for an operation...
    +1000
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

+1001... I missed that post earlier.

Whilst the threat of terror attacks increases every day, and something drastically needs doing to address that, first and foremost, we need to properly support and look after our own citizens, many of whom have been badly neglected and severely let down by 'the system'.

And like Jez says, 1000s are dying all the time from such neglect, whilst many more remain as suffering victims, enduring an existence that couldn't realistically be described as a 'life' - and the biggest crime of all is how many of us (especially some of the working classes, who seem to have forgotten their roots) have become almost completely blasé to it, too concerned with looking after No1.

That's one of the reasons why I voted Labour, despite Corbyn's many failings, as having a humanitarian and essentially decent human being at the helm, instead of that thing that's there now, would not only be good for making Britain a safer place to live in, but just for a change, putting people first before profit.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    You may think that the Tories have got all the wrong ideas about running the country or that they're incompetent or misguided but to say they despise ordinary folk goes beyond credibility.
    Sounds like a fair point ... but then you notice that many of these "wrong ideas" have a pattern. They specifically pander to the comfort, security and quality of life of the already secure and wealthy. People like them, in other words. Of course, that shouldn't be a surprise - that's what Conservatism means. You nurture the wealth-creators (in other words the powerful, the wealthy and the talented) in the hope that they will make a wealthy country and the benefit will - eventually - be felt by everyone ... a bit ... maybe.

Is this meant to be a fit political philosophy for the 21st century? And yet the whole country seems to be in thrall to the Conservatives. It's like some kind of delusional love-affair. It's turkeys voting for Christmas all over again. People coo at Teresa May on their TV screens and think she is smart and reliable, and they chuckle at Boris Johnson, thinking he is clever and funny. They are not! These people are shameless opportunists. They have - and always have had - an eye on the main chance and would do anything to manoeuvre themselves into a position of power and influence, no matter what "principles" of their own they have to ditch to achieve it.

So yes, maybe it is an overstatement to say they despise ordinary folk, but it is certainly clear that they are indifferent to them. Conservatism is about one thing only: maintaining a societal structure that has them on top.
    IB

Thumbs up Spot on!

....which is why ordinary folk, who've succumbed to the Tory media brainwash, need to 'wake up and smell the coffee' NOW, and force a refocussing of the primary directive, by voting for the only party (Labour) liable to eradicate this odious austerity, created by the Tories, which so many have been suffering under for years, and who will put into effect that necessary change, which this time will be of benefit for the many, not just the privileged few.

Good post, Gary

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast