+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 348

Thread: general election

  1. #321
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: South Wales

    Posts: 6,080
    I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Beleving that God created the Universe does not automatically mean you believe the Earth is only 6000 years old (not 10, 000) although grant you that some do believe that, and that fossils were deliberately placed to 'test our faith.' Again not worth debunking. Why can evolution not be how God decided the mechanism would work? Belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla


  2. #322
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: NE England

    Posts: 4,394
    I'm Jez.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    That's your choice and your right. My best mate is on the operating table as I type this being treated for cancer. If the Tories had their way there would have been such cut backs he probably would die without private heath care. My curse is on those (and I hope it's a small minority!) who would say "great. I'm happy to see that happen. Bring it on. Poor = you die if you get ill. I've no problem with that".
    Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    You are an embarrassment for decency.
    I take it then that you would agree with the comment "great. I'm happy to see that happen. Bring it on. Poor = you die if you get ill. I've no problem with that"?

    That you believe the NHS should wither under Tory cuts? No doubt that if you can't afford a £20,000 operation and die then it's "the law of the jungle"? "the market economy in action"?

    There is a very wide gulf between our concepts of decency.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

    Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

  3. #323
    Join Date: May 2010

    Location: Weymouth, Dorset.

    Posts: 2,506
    I'm John.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I take it then that you would agree with the comment "great. I'm happy to see that happen. Bring it on. Poor = you die if you get ill. I've no problem with that"?

    That you believe the NHS should wither under Tory cuts? No doubt that if you can't afford a £20,000 operation and die then it's "the law of the jungle"? "the market economy in action"?

    There is a very wide gulf between our concepts of decency.
    With your previous comment, which was deleted by admin, as far as I'm concerned you have lost any credibility in any of your arguments and you are not to be taken seriously.

  4. #324
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 70,747
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Guys, give it rest. That's enough now. Any more from either of you and it will be deleted without further warning.

    Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

    "Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

    My system:

    Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

  5. #325
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: NE England

    Posts: 4,394
    I'm Jez.

    Default

    This thread has been a living illustration of quite why it is said "never discuss religion or politics". When not wearing my hi fi designer hat I am a bit of a political activist for the Labour party, the NHS, peace, sticking up for the underdog, religious and racial tolerance (yes I'm strongly against ALL religion but I want to see peace between them if they MUST exist) etc. When I see the haves ganging up on the have-nots, the strong and wealthy wishing to further the gap between themselves and the poor and weak and entrench division for their own greed.... I get angry. VERY angry.

    I have however allowed myself, in defending my personal views, strongly held as they are, to over-step the line of what is appropriate in gentlemanly debate on what is, after all, a side room of a HIFI forum. No I'm not going to apologise for anything I've said as I strongly believe in the veracity of my argument... I will though apologise for the confrontational way in which I worded and conducted my argument.... and metaphorically kick myself for allowing myself, in arguing against bigotry, to come across to the bigots as being as bigoted as they are (does that make sense I know what I mean anyway). And no. No ones "put me up to this"

    My mate who was having the cancer op today nearly gave me a heart attack by walking into the pub BTW.... His op was postponed this morning due to an emergency taking up theatres and then cancelled at half six tonight. He thought it would be amusing to text no one and just walk into the pub saying "what's up? you lot look like you've seen a ghost!"

    Peace and Love
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

    Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

  6. #326
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: South Wales

    Posts: 6,080
    I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

    Default

    This thread does indeed portray a near perfect example why some say' [including me at times] never discuss politics, or religion!
    Its the two subjects that can devide even the strongest of Friendships, and family!
    We are all diffrent, but I suspect a lot of our diffrences stem from a lack of understanding of the facts that lead us all down diffrent paths.
    If we could/would only take the time to educate ourselves in understanding the facts behind the reasoning of why someone who' might have a diffrent view to our own, then we might be closer to a level playing field of being able to discuss such subjects in a more rational manner.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla


  7. #327
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 26,989
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    I have little real interest in everyday politics. I regard it largely as a show put on to give the population something to argue over and vote for in the belief that it will achieve something, whereas the real power lies elsewhere, not with the government. As for religion? That's just a word which means nothing to me.
    Mr. Tact!

    Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

  8. #328
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 70,747
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    This thread has been a living illustration of quite why it is said "never discuss religion or politics". When not wearing my hi fi designer hat I am a bit of a political activist for the Labour party, the NHS, peace, sticking up for the underdog, religious and racial tolerance (yes I'm strongly against ALL religion but I want to see peace between them if they MUST exist) etc. When I see the haves ganging up on the have-nots, the strong and wealthy wishing to further the gap between themselves and the poor and weak and entrench division for their own greed.... I get angry. VERY angry.

    I have however allowed myself, in defending my personal views, strongly held as they are, to over-step the line of what is appropriate in gentlemanly debate on what is, after all, a side room of a HIFI forum. No I'm not going to apologise for anything I've said as I strongly believe in the veracity of my argument... I will though apologise for the confrontational way in which I worded and conducted my argument.... and metaphorically kick myself for allowing myself, in arguing against bigotry, to come across to the bigots as being as bigoted as they are (does that make sense I know what I mean anyway). And no. No ones "put me up to this"

    My mate who was having the cancer op today nearly gave me a heart attack by walking into the pub BTW.... His op was postponed this morning due to an emergency taking up theatres and then cancelled at half six tonight. He thought it would be amusing to text no one and just walk into the pub saying "what's up? you lot look like you've seen a ghost!"

    Peace and Love
    Appreciated, Jez. It's always good when someone explains themselves properly and how they feel. In terms of the bit in bold mate [including religious and racial intolerance/bigotry, as well as neanderthal sexism and homophobia], you and me both!!

    However, I'd *never* wish cancer on ANYONE, not even on my worst enemy. You just don't go there, and doing so only serves to make you look as bad as the scumbags you're attacking, especially in the eyes of reasonable people reading such comments. Quite clearly, you're a better man than that, so don't stoop to that level.

    I'd therefore avoid making any such comments of that nature in future. Indeed, they simply won't be allowed - and that goes for everyone else here, too.

    Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

    "Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

    My system:

    Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

  9. #329
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Sheffield - UK

    Posts: 5,676
    I'm Mark.

    Default

    I'm actually deeply interested in, and concerned by, political, religious and social issues in general - which is why I don't discuss any of them on audio forums.

    100% Analogue

  10. #330
    Join Date: Sep 2014

    Location: Northern Ireland

    Posts: 577
    I'm John.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    This thread does indeed portray a near perfect example why some say' [including me at times] never discuss politics, or religion!
    Its the two subjects that can devide even the strongest of Friendships, and family!
    We are all diffrent, but I suspect a lot of our diffrences stem from a lack of understanding of the facts that lead us all down diffrent paths.
    If we could/would only take the time to educate ourselves in understanding the facts behind the reasoning of why someone who' might have a diffrent view to our own, then we might be closer to a level playing field of being able to discuss such subjects in a more rational manner.
    A...
    I agree. Makes cable threads look like bedtime stories. Let's all be friends and go back to talking about audiophile fuses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •