+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm Phil.

Default general election

as june 8th approaches there are many issues one of the main ones for me is this news

Labour mayor of London Sadiq Khan has warned that future cuts to the Met Police are "unsustainable" and could make it harder to foil terror attack

He said if the Tories win the election the Met faced having to make savings of 400m, risking up to 12,800 officers.
    "Fewer police officers mean we are in more danger," he told the BBC.
    But his Conservative predecessor Boris Johnson said London police numbers "remained high" and changes to how they operated had made them more effective.
    The foreign secretary told the BBC that it was "a bit rich" that Labour were attacking the Conservatives over policing and counter-terrorism, given that its leader Jeremy Corbyn had treated his opposition to anti-terror legislation over 30 years as a "badge of honour".

i can`t believe they can be thinking of more cuts ?
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ proac studio 125

I'm Oliver.

Theres no party out there for me. I would like a party that took the taxation of the rich from Labour, the hard Brexit stance of the Conservatives, legalisation of Cannabis from the Lib dems, free energy Initiatives of the the Green party and then id feel like a "party voter"

Maybe I'll start my own lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I would like a party that took the taxation of the rich from Labour, the hard Brexit stance of the Conservatives, legalisation of Cannabis from the Lib dems, free energy Initiatives of the the Green party and then id feel like a "party voter"
    There's talk of a "progressive alliance" but there doesn't seem to be anything progressive about it to me. What would be progressive would be a system whereby people could vote on specific areas of policy, just like you want. People could "elect", or more like "select", the Tories for economic responsibilities, Labour for foreign policy decisions etc. The practicalities might get difficult where different areas of policy come into conflict with each other but there should be some way round it. Like you, I don't think we should have to buy into any one party for their entire agenda - why can't we cherry-pick the best from each of them? That would be progressive.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    There's talk of a "progressive alliance" but there doesn't seem to be anything progressive about it to me. What would be progressive would be a system whereby people could vote on specific areas of policy, just like you want. People could "elect", or more like "select", the Tories for economic responsibilities, Labour for foreign policy decisions etc. The practicalities might get difficult where different areas of policy come into conflict with each other but there should be some way round it. Like you, I don't think we should have to buy into any one party for their entire agenda - why can't we cherry-pick the best from each of them? That would be progressive.
    We had that quite recently when we voted for Brexit. Interestingly it is the 'progressives' who are dead against carrying out the wishes expressed by the majority in that vote.

irrelevant anyway. What happens in reality is that the various parties make promises they think will appeal to people. Once elected they discover (if they didn't already know) that those policies are unworkable and they quietly forget about them.

However given that they need to be seen doing something they come up with some poorly thought out crap on the hoof and implement that instead. Example: The last Labour governments policy of opening the borders to every piece of flotsam and jetsam in the world. (Decidedly not in their manifesto). The trouble with this approach is that the law of unintended consequences kicks in. Which takes us back to Brexit.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Yes, but with a very small percentage, and not imo enough to make such a change. Especially as the folk who will most feel the repercussions, ie 16 and 17 year olds didnt get to vote
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Default Election?

It's very simple, folks:

Either don't vote at all, or for anyone BUT the Tories!

For the first time in my life I've voted for Labour (via postal vote), as for me, despite his obvious faults and limitations [and let's remember that no politicians are perfect], Corbyn can help to bring us a little more peace and stability, instead of the trigger-happy warmongering antics of the Tories, which along with the actions of Trump (and those before him in the US), have failed miserably, and currently subjected us to terrorist attacks on an almost weekly basis!!

So....... It's time for CHANGE. Who knows, it might be for the better or worse, but let's face it, it would take something of monumentally EPIC proportions to be worse than what we have now

Therefore, let's put an end to current Tory rule, and with it, their vulgar pandering to the best interests of the establishment, and together let's try to build a SAFER Britain. Don't let the Tories continue to PROVOKE the types of atrocities we've sadly recently all seen, and make the controlling elite of this world even richer (and more controlling).

Vote for CHANGE... We've had the ying, now it's time for some yang!!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We had that quite recently when we voted for Brexit. Interestingly it is the 'progressives' who are dead against carrying out the wishes expressed by the majority in that vote.

irrelevant anyway. What happens in reality is that the various parties make promises they think will appeal to people. Once elected they discover (if they didn't already know) that those policies are unworkable and they quietly forget about them.

However given that they need to be seen doing something they come up with some poorly thought out crap on the hoof and implement that instead. Example: The last Labour governments policy of opening the borders to every piece of flotsam and jetsam in the world. (Decidedly not in their manifesto). The trouble with this approach is that the law of unintended consequences kicks in. Which takes us back to Brexit.
    Only the thick as shite voted for brexit so it should be ignored and reversed. There should never be another referendum on anything ever again.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's very simple, folks:

Either don't vote at all, or for anyone BUT the Tories!

For the first time in my life I've voted for Labour (via postal vote), as for me, despite his obvious faults and limitations [and let's remember that no politicians are perfect], Corbyn can help to bring us a little more peace and stability, instead of the trigger-happy warmongering antics of the Tories, which along with the actions of Trump (and those before him in the US), have failed miserably, and currently subjected us to terrorist attacks on an almost weekly basis!!

So....... It's time for CHANGE. Who knows, it might be for the better or worse, but let's face it, it would take something of monumentally EPIC proportions to be worse than what we have now

Therefore, let's put an end to current Tory rule, and with it, their vulgar pandering to the best interests of the establishment, and together let's try to build a SAFER Britain. Don't let the Tories continue to PROVOKE the types of atrocities we've sadly recently all seen, and make the controlling elite of this world even richer (and more controlling).

Vote for CHANGE... We've had the ying, now it's time for some yang!!

Marco.
    +1000!

I'm Martin.

Well I didn't get to vote on it on 1973 because I was only five.

We can't have children voting, situation's bad enough already, surely?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Only the thick as shite voted for brexit so it should be ignored and reversed. There should never be another referendum on anything ever again.
    Thats me "thick as shite" then, Jez 😡

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast