+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have little real interest in everyday politics.
    Me neither, as most of it (especially the in-depth anal/geeky stuff) bores me rigid! Major YAWN.

However... I have my 'pet subjects' in politics that I'm extremely passionate and vocal about, which those of you who've read my posts on those matters will know, one of which is poking the establishment right in the eye and fighting against INJUSTICE - and *nothing* would achieve that more now than getting rid of this evil Tory government.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I'm actually deeply interested in, and concerned by, political, religious and social issues in general - which is why I don't discuss any of them on audio forums.
    You should though, calmly and politely, which the majority of posts here have been, as in that respect, I'd like to know what 'makes you tick'... Such discussions happen even more on pfm than here, which Tony handles very well.

For me, it's all about getting to know people better and growing the AoS community - and you often find out much more about someone in these types of threads, than you do in discussions about hi-fi!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Political differences can be volatile, I think I can understand the anger but we have to control it!

It's almost a year since Jo Cox was murdered by an an extremist nut job, time to reflect, a British citizen murdered by another British citizen because he didn't like her views and it was enough for him to want to kill.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Hear, hear!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Jo Cox was murdered by an an extremist nut job, time to reflect, a British citizen murdered by another British citizen because he didn't like her views and it was enough for him to want to kill.
    That's the point though. Most folk are not "extremist nut jobs". But these nuts do exist and their motives for such lunatic actions may be something so divorced from reality that even they do not understand why they want to do what they do.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You should though, calmly and politely, which the majority of posts here have been, as in that respect, I'd like to know what 'makes you tick'... Such discussions happen even more on pfm than here, which Tony handles very well.

For me, it's all about getting to know people better and growing the AoS community - and you often find out much more about someone in these types of threads, than you do in discussions about hi-fi!

Marco.
    I understand that and, as it is your forum, I entirely understand your wish to promote community.

As you say, a lot of political and religious 'discussion' takes place on pfm*, but I don't read it or take part in it.

* some people are forum members purely so that they can post on such issues (or push their viewpoint).
    Account Deleted

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    I agree. Makes cable threads look like bedtime stories. Let's all be friends and go back to talking about audiophile fuses.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Aye
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    I agree. Makes cable threads look like bedtime stories. Let's all be friends and go back to talking about audiophile fuses.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

This has the potential to cause a stink!

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/11/the-du...ors_picks=true
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Lord Farage Of Brexit.

May not seem like it right now but future generations will owe him an enormous debt of gratitude.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast