+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Nice theory, but it wasn't the Tories who sent troops into Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya ...
    Indeed, but the party responsible for that misguided decision has a rather different type of leader now (with totally different values)!

Let me reiterate my position...

I'm no Labour or Corbyn fanboy, and I also know there are huge flaws in Labour policies, as there are indeed in Tory ones, *BUT* the fundamental thing for me right now, with the grave situation we're currently facing, in respect of terrorism, which overrides ALL else, IMO, is that I'd rather have a caring, humanitarian PM in charge of the UK (despite his faults), clearly with pacifist tendencies and a willingness to negotiate with our current enemies, to try and achieve some form of peace, whilst divorcing ourselves as far possible from madcap scumbags, like Trump, than an uncaring, trigger-happy Trump acolyte at the helm, with warmongering tendencies and a overly keen propensity to push the 'red button', and with it consign us all to armageddon!

So, for virtually that reason ALONE (along with poking the establishment in the eye with a large stick, should Labour get in), I voted Labour. And I would urge all those currently undecided to do the same, for the same main reason: what currently exists as being the best compromise for creating a safer country for us all to live in.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I've just ended a long friendship with a couple I've known for years but hadn't seen for the last two because they are VERY pro brexit, told me they've voted Tory by post and have voted ukip before and appear to hate Muslims. I won't sit and breath the same air with such scum.
    Hypocrisy is never a good thing.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Only the thick as shite voted for brexit so it should be ignored and reversed. There should never be another referendum on anything ever again.
    a huge number of my friends voted for brexit , they are pretty educated , but I had many an argument with them as I voted remain
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Jo.

Default Camomile tea and organic fllapjacks with the lads from Islamic State.

No smutch on Leader Corbyn, but I think he'll be pi55ing in the wind with Islamic State. Just how does one negotiate with a genocidal fundamentalist outfit bent on establishing a World Calipihate? They wish to return as much of the world as they can get their medieval hands on to the 7th century and carry out genocide as they go. When enough of the earth is under their control humanity will enter the last days - Islamic State will suffer huge reverses but will defeat 'the armies of Rome' [their term]. At the moment the chief victims of Islamic State seem to be other Muslims - 200 million Shiite Muslims have been earmarked for subjection wherever they can be found along with what IS term 'the moderns' - that's any other human being not willing to live in their recreation of the brutal conditions of obtaining at the time of Mohammed's rule. Islamic State do not seek peace, they seek dominance over the face of the whole earth and the destruction of infidels and apostates culminating in a final battle between good [them] and evil [everyone else].

They are not another armed group with a political agenda that can be met or partially met with concessions to achieve a workable peace like the IRA or ETA. They are men with medieval millenarian minds whose application of violence is about pursuing the correct religious path to the Day of Judgement. There may be Jihadist groups who are amenable to trading concessions, but I don't think Islamic State will be among them.
    Last edited by Landloper; 06-06-2017 at 17:08. Reason: Puntuation

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Hypocrisy is never a good thing.
    there is a huge amount of islamophobia at the moment , especially on facebook . we need to try and counteract it .
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Jo.

Is disliking Islam Islamophobia, Phil? I don't like Islam because I think it is a rubbish religion, but not liking Islam is not the same as disliking Muslims [most of whom I do not know never having met them to form much of an opinion]. If someone entertains a prejudice against Muslims surely 'Muslimophobia' would be a more appropriate term.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    there is a huge amount of islamophobia at the moment , especially on facebook . we need to try and counteract it .
    There is also a huge amount of hate for the Western way of living. But of course to many that is overlooked in the pursuit of appeasement.

I'm Geoff.

Frankly I'm in the Christopher Hitchens school of thought when it comes to religion: a plague on all their houses!

People are free to choose whatever nonsense they want to believe with the simple caveat that they should keep it to themselves and not to try and force others to believe it.

However, to seek to blame a group for the actions of a few deranged evil creatures is indefensible!

Geoff

I'm Jez.

There are much bigger fish to fry than worrying about terrorists. I'm infinitely more concerned about fighting poverty than terrorism. I'd wager that for every 1 killed by terrorists a hundred have died after taking their own lives cos they can't take the poverty... or the pain they're in whilst waiting for an operation, any longer.

Of course this is how The Daily Mair etc wants it's "readers" to think... 1000 die over a few months from curable disease, cos the NHS is so run down, and non of them gives a toss.... not even newsworthy. But if 1 "decent Christian white English person" is killed by a "Johnny foreigner darky Muslim" then it's hell to pay!

My Dad died whilst on a waiting list for a heart operation. If he had an untreatable illness that's one thing, but if the NHS had more resources he would have been seen sooner and may well have lived. People have become so brainwashed by the evil right whinge media that they're more concerned about a single person dying at the hands of a terrorist than a thousand like my Dad dying whilst waiting for an operation...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    There is also a huge amount of hate for the Western way of living. But of course to many that is overlooked in the pursuit of appeasement.
    Cancelling that holiday in Tehran then are you?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast