+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    What stood out most is how visceral and hateful the "tolerant left wing" have become since the majority of the country voted democratically to leave the EU.
    I agree entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Some might say the thickos were those who wanted to stay in the EU, BUT didnt turn up to vote.
    Again, I agree.

I'm Geoff.

Why vote for people that hate you? The Tories despise ordinary folk. Nothing of any decency ever comes from them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The Tories despise ordinary folk.
    This kind of sweeping generalisation about people and their motivation for going into politics doesn't really make for a convincing argument. You may think that the Tories have got all the wrong ideas about running the country or that they're incompetent or misguided but to say they despise ordinary folk goes beyond credibility.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    to say they despise ordinary folk goes beyond credibility.
    Seizing homes from pensioners. Withdrawing benefits from the disabled. The bedroom tax and so on. Of course they despise us! I'd cheerfully shoot the lot of them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

And anyway. What's the difference between a generalisation and a "sweeping generalisation"?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    This kind of sweeping generalisation about people and their motivation for going into politics doesn't really make for a convincing argument. You may think that the Tories have got all the wrong ideas about running the country or that they're incompetent or misguided but to say they despise ordinary folk goes beyond credibility.
    I agree. They might have no understanding of 'ordinary people' or any concept of what it is like to have no money, but the same is true for a lot of Labour Party members too.

As soon as someone starts frothing at the mouth and going on about 'evil' torys who 'hate the poor' and 'enjoy seeing them suffer' I just walk away. How can anyone imagine that raving on like that will convince anyone of anything? I used to argue politics with a couple of Trotskyites and they had a more sophisticated point of view than that. And that was when we were still at school!

Frankly the fact that Corbyn has a whole host of people exactly like that supporting him and even working for him puts me right off even considering voting for him.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Very tempted to say 'bollocks', but perhaps I shouldn't.

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Seizing homes from pensioners. Withdrawing benefits from the disabled. The bedroom tax and so on. Of course they despise us! I'd cheerfully shoot the lot of them.
    Maybe the Tories would see that as making the wealthy pay their share (BTW, people have been having to sell their homes to pay for care for years, haven't they?), targeting benefits at those needing them, and freeing up over-sized accommodation for large families in need. I'm not defending Tory policies, just saying they might have a different idea of what's the right thing to do. That doesn't prove they despise ordinary people. Isn't that an ad-hominem argument of the sort the forum doesn't allow?
    Last edited by RothwellAudio; 06-06-2017 at 15:28.

I'm Martin.

You're quite welcome to say it's bollocks providing you can explain why it's bollocks.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You're quite welcome to say it's bollocks providing you can explain why it's bollocks.
    Ah, but I didn't say it. I merely indicated that the thought had crossed my mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast