+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Beleving that God created the Universe does not automatically mean you believe the Earth is only 6000 years old (not 10, 000) although grant you that some do believe that, and that fossils were deliberately placed to 'test our faith.' Again not worth debunking. Why can evolution not be how God decided the mechanism would work? Belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    That's your choice and your right. My best mate is on the operating table as I type this being treated for cancer. If the Tories had their way there would have been such cut backs he probably would die without private heath care. My curse is on those (and I hope it's a small minority!) who would say "great. I'm happy to see that happen. Bring it on. Poor = you die if you get ill. I've no problem with that".
    Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    You are an embarrassment for decency.
    I take it then that you would agree with the comment "great. I'm happy to see that happen. Bring it on. Poor = you die if you get ill. I've no problem with that"?

That you believe the NHS should wither under Tory cuts? No doubt that if you can't afford a £20,000 operation and die then it's "the law of the jungle"? "the market economy in action"?

There is a very wide gulf between our concepts of decency.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm John.

I take it then that you would agree with the comment "great. I'm happy to see that happen. Bring it on. Poor = you die if you get ill. I've no problem with that"?

That you believe the NHS should wither under Tory cuts? No doubt that if you can't afford a £20,000 operation and die then it's "the law of the jungle"? "the market economy in action"?

There is a very wide gulf between our concepts of decency.
    With your previous comment, which was deleted by admin, as far as I'm concerned you have lost any credibility in any of your arguments and you are not to be taken seriously.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Guys, give it rest. That's enough now. Any more from either of you and it will be deleted without further warning.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jez.

This thread has been a living illustration of quite why it is said "never discuss religion or politics". When not wearing my hi fi designer hat I am a bit of a political activist for the Labour party, the NHS, peace, sticking up for the underdog, religious and racial tolerance (yes I'm strongly against ALL religion but I want to see peace between them if they MUST exist) etc. When I see the haves ganging up on the have-nots, the strong and wealthy wishing to further the gap between themselves and the poor and weak and entrench division for their own greed.... I get angry. VERY angry.

I have however allowed myself, in defending my personal views, strongly held as they are, to over-step the line of what is appropriate in gentlemanly debate on what is, after all, a side room of a HIFI forum. No I'm not going to apologise for anything I've said as I strongly believe in the veracity of my argument... I will though apologise for the confrontational way in which I worded and conducted my argument.... and metaphorically kick myself for allowing myself, in arguing against bigotry, to come across to the bigots as being as bigoted as they are (does that make sense I know what I mean anyway). And no. No ones "put me up to this"

My mate who was having the cancer op today nearly gave me a heart attack by walking into the pub BTW.... His op was postponed this morning due to an emergency taking up theatres and then cancelled at half six tonight. He thought it would be amusing to text no one and just walk into the pub saying "what's up? you lot look like you've seen a ghost!"

Peace and Love
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

This thread does indeed portray a near perfect example why some say' [including me at times] never discuss politics, or religion!
    Its the two subjects that can devide even the strongest of Friendships, and family!
    We are all diffrent, but I suspect a lot of our diffrences stem from a lack of understanding of the facts that lead us all down diffrent paths.
    If we could/would only take the time to educate ourselves in understanding the facts behind the reasoning of why someone who' might have a diffrent view to our own, then we might be closer to a level playing field of being able to discuss such subjects in a more rational manner.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

I have little real interest in everyday politics. I regard it largely as a show put on to give the population something to argue over and vote for in the belief that it will achieve something, whereas the real power lies elsewhere, not with the government. As for religion? That's just a word which means nothing to me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

This thread has been a living illustration of quite why it is said "never discuss religion or politics". When not wearing my hi fi designer hat I am a bit of a political activist for the Labour party, the NHS, peace, sticking up for the underdog, religious and racial tolerance (yes I'm strongly against ALL religion but I want to see peace between them if they MUST exist) etc. When I see the haves ganging up on the have-nots, the strong and wealthy wishing to further the gap between themselves and the poor and weak and entrench division for their own greed.... I get angry. VERY angry.

I have however allowed myself, in defending my personal views, strongly held as they are, to over-step the line of what is appropriate in gentlemanly debate on what is, after all, a side room of a HIFI forum. No I'm not going to apologise for anything I've said as I strongly believe in the veracity of my argument... I will though apologise for the confrontational way in which I worded and conducted my argument.... and metaphorically kick myself for allowing myself, in arguing against bigotry, to come across to the bigots as being as bigoted as they are (does that make sense I know what I mean anyway). And no. No ones "put me up to this"

My mate who was having the cancer op today nearly gave me a heart attack by walking into the pub BTW.... His op was postponed this morning due to an emergency taking up theatres and then cancelled at half six tonight. He thought it would be amusing to text no one and just walk into the pub saying "what's up? you lot look like you've seen a ghost!"

Peace and Love
    Appreciated, Jez. It's always good when someone explains themselves properly and how they feel. In terms of the bit in bold mate [including religious and racial intolerance/bigotry, as well as neanderthal sexism and homophobia], you and me both!!

However, I'd *never* wish cancer on ANYONE, not even on my worst enemy. You just don't go there, and doing so only serves to make you look as bad as the scumbags you're attacking, especially in the eyes of reasonable people reading such comments. Quite clearly, you're a better man than that, so don't stoop to that level.

I'd therefore avoid making any such comments of that nature in future. Indeed, they simply won't be allowed - and that goes for everyone else here, too.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Deleted.

I'm actually deeply interested in, and concerned by, political, religious and social issues in general - which is why I don't discuss any of them on audio forums.
    Account Deleted

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    This thread does indeed portray a near perfect example why some say' [including me at times] never discuss politics, or religion!
    Its the two subjects that can devide even the strongest of Friendships, and family!
    We are all diffrent, but I suspect a lot of our diffrences stem from a lack of understanding of the facts that lead us all down diffrent paths.
    If we could/would only take the time to educate ourselves in understanding the facts behind the reasoning of why someone who' might have a diffrent view to our own, then we might be closer to a level playing field of being able to discuss such subjects in a more rational manner.
    A...
    I agree. Makes cable threads look like bedtime stories. Let's all be friends and go back to talking about audiophile fuses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast