+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    The difficulty I have with the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition is that he asks us to believe that it is possible to negotiate peace with those who want war, such as Islamic State, Richie. I can't see how this can be compassed. Jihadism is not monolithic and I wouldn't rule out parley altogether, but clearly some elements of it are driven by an apocalyptic vision which has absolutely no interest in an accommodation.
    i agree with you about it not being possible to negotiate peace. so how does one deal with it? these nutjobs need guns and money to operate. corbyn is proposing to take that away from them. the zombie thatcher, on the other hand, believes that giving mi5 free reign to spy on one and all is the answer, whilst dealing with the biggest funder of the madness. i won't mention police cuts again...

i fail to understand why not wanting war is a bad thing.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Anyway. Im off to Greece in a few hours so I'll be signing off from this debate.
    Quite right. Too many deeply entrenched (and intolerant) opinions (on all sides), as per usual when these subjects come up. Enjoy your holiday, mate!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Quite right. Too many deeply entrenched (and intolerant) opinions (on all sides), as per usual when these subjects come up. Enjoy your holiday, mate!

Marco.
    Nobody is 100% correct, Marco. Its all belief and entrenchment as you say. As long as no-one falls out about it then its all good.

Cheer pal! 28c in Greece tomorrow. Should melt any stress away nicely 😎

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Have a nice hol Oliver!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Nobody is 100% correct, Marco. Its all belief and entrenchment as you say. As long as no-one falls out about it then its all good.
    Indeed. There's simply no reason for anyone to fall out, as everyone is entitled to their views. As long as things don't get personal, which is why Geoff's earlier post was moderated, and tolerance is shown towards those holding opposing beliefs, then we can all have a good robust debate.

Cheer pal! 28c in Greece tomorrow. Should melt any stress away nicely ��
    Enjoy, and munch some lovely Lamb Kleftico or Souvlaki for me!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Brian.

Cheer pal! 28c in Greece tomorrow. Should melt any stress away nicely ��

Enjoy your holiday Oliver
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

Bigman80 Guest

Thanks guys!!!

love a bit of lamb Kleftico, souvlaki too.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Seizing homes from pensioners. Withdrawing benefits from the disabled. The bedroom tax and so on. Of course they despise us! I'd cheerfully shoot the lot of them.
    Not sure about shooting them, but all of the above (and plenty more one could mention) ably proves that the Tories care little for the needs of ordinary people, which is why we need to get them out. Their cruel, self-serving policies speak for themselves.

Therefore, quite simply, regardless of anything else, I'm all for ANY party who puts peace before war, and spends more on the NHS, our police force (to keep us safe on our streets) and helping all of the above live comfortable and worthwhile lives, as well as tackles the disgraceful levels of homelessness here, in what is supposed to be one of the wealthiest countries in the world, than on bombs!

Whatever the Tories are apparently 'good at', out with of that, pales into insignificance.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Corbyn is dangerously naïve, totally inexperienced and not very bright.

Thinks you can negotiate with Islamic fundamentalists. Thinks the IRA were justified in putting bombs in shopping centres.

No way on this earth would I support someone like that.

So, for me, still a choice between UKIP and Conservative or not voting. In a Labour safe seat so voting for either is pointless, except to add to the general tally of votes of support.

Since I consider Brexit to be the most crucial issue I might vote UKIP just to keep the pressure up on whichever government is elected. Make sure they see it through.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm brian.

Digby Jones, labour life peer and former head of cbi ? has just remarked on lbc that Corbyn s living in La La land with his
    manifesto, rightly in I.M.O. The country s already spending 60, 70 billion ? more than its getting back in v.a.t receipts and Mr j
    though nice man that his would clearly make the situation far, far, worse !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast