+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    there is a huge amount of islamophobia at the moment , especially on facebook . we need to try and counteract it .
    Islamophobia

Definition:

A "lefty" word for acknowledging that Muslim extremists are actually followers of a specific religion and are committing atrocities, indiscriminately, against innocent people.

No dig at you hifinutt, it just aggravates me that if you dare to call these people what they are, you're labelled islamophobic.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I very much doubt that there were any racist connotations in James' post, Jez, but the remarks Geoff made previously were WAY out of order, especially for those here who are caring and considerate individuals, who practice their faith/religion in peace and in private.

Such remarks will not be permitted on AoS, under any circumstances, including you +1-ing them.

Marco.
    I disagree with you in the strongest possible terms Marco and detect rather a lot of hypocrisy there. I can see right whingers and racists probably hating my comments, just as I do those from card carrying Tories.. but I would guess you are in a very small minority as a devout religious person... and that a majority are probably anti religion. You allow Tories to be called worse than shit (quite rightly!), make no comment about anti Muslim comments so long as they don't go over a certain boundary... but when ALL religion is criticised, by inference including your own, the barriers of censorship come slamming down and the doors to free speech are firmly slammed.
    Yeah yeah you personally own the web site and you'll do whatever the feck you like and if we don't like it we know where we can shove it etc etc.... It needed saying though IMHO
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Right. You stop selling weapons to the Saudis, someone else sells them instead. All you achieve is to put a load of people on the dole for no net benefit.

In any case it is unlikely that any weapons sold to the Saudis end up with IS. It is high tech stuff, not knackered Isuzu jeeps with what look like Russian made 30 mm cannons mounted on them. They didn't get any of their kit directly from the manufacturers, or any government. It is clearly all old and third party sourced. They would seem to almost certainly get funding from Saudi Arabia but that could come from a number of parties, 'The Saudis' are a pretty big grouping with their own factions and intrigues, as with any country. The other way they were getting funding was by selling oil produced in their captured territories.

The problem is that anything you do with this situation affects every facet of everything else. There are no simple solutions - if there were they would have been deployed already.
    you're right , it's not simple, but the cops that are now on the dole could have helped fight the terrorism

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Islamophobia

Definition:

A "lefty" word for acknowledging that Muslim extremists are actually followers of a specific religion and are committing atrocities, indiscriminately, against innocent people.

No dig at you hifinutt, it just aggravates me that if you dare to call these people what they are, you're labelled islamophobic.

Oh more anti religion ranting by a right whinger.... but no doubt ok cos it doesn't mention Christians....

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    how about we stop selling arms to the saudis that fund/arm them? wait, that's good for industry, right? no, i have a better idea - lets cut funding to the people that find them. let's get rid of a few cops, while we are at it and take away our civil liberties - what so we have to hide?
    As much as I hate the Tories and all they stand for, previous Labour governments have also cynically sold arms to grisly regimes under the pretext of "doing business". Whilst there are things about Corbyn that concern me, he impresses with his resolute consistency to negotiated peace solutions and his opposition to investment in unusable nuclear weapons.

Geoff

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Oh more anti religion ranting by a right whinger.... but no doubt ok cos it doesn't mention Christians....
    Hahaha, im no right wingher, Jez. Im a free thinking human, who decides for himself what is right and wrong. I have no political alliance or any religious bias.

Its not anti religion either, I havent got anything against any religion. I have a problem with terrorists who justify their actions with religion. Its not anti religion to declare that ISIS are practising muslims matey.

I dont believe in religion at all. None whatsoever and I dont vote by party. I vote by which policies fit my view at the time. I voted liberal democrat for the early pat of my voting life, then Labour, UKIP and also tories last time out. I haven't decided on this one yet.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    you're right , it's not simple, but the cops that are now on the dole could have helped fight the terrorism
    Well they are unlikely to be on the dole. They would all have been retirements or voluntary redundancy with generous terms. Index linked pension, don't forget.

If they are not ready to retire early they can get work in the private security sector, and I don't mean working the doors on a pub. Although I've known a few do that as they liked the hours.

According to the Chief Constable of Staffordshire they have replaced coppers who were only doing admin with civilian workers and brought in new tech that means they can spend more time out 'on the street'. So they are providing the same level of cover as they were before the reduction.

Whether that has been replicated across all the other forces I don't know.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jo.

I have no problem with stopping the sales of weapons to the Saudis, or with providing sufficient means for effectively opposing the known evil of armed Jihadi radicalism, Richie. Anything that helps dismantle the apparatus of Islamic terror that the imbeciles in Westminster have permitted to establish itself among us is both necessary and welcome.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I was brought up as a Roman Catholic in a succession of schools run by nuns and brothers and it is that experience which explains my current position. I think your sense of offence is unmerited: I am not saying that you do not have the rights to your beliefs, on the contrary. However, you would deny me the right to my belief that organised religion has been a major source of world conflict for millennia, with the three monotheist Abrahamic religions the main contributors to those ills. Look at the history of the Roman Catholic church in terms of corruption, torture, support for brutal regimes and wars waged on other religions. These crimes continue today and I am offended by them. Maybe this is not the forum to discuss them but whilst I defend the right of those who have a faith to practice their religion without impediment, I believe I have the right to express a contrary view. As the owner of this forum you have the power to deny me that voice but saying something that is disagreeable is not a basis in my opinion to deny someone the right to say it.
    I have nothing against reasonable criticism, Geoff, but you can do so without uttering stuff like this, which is what I'm objecting to and insisting that there is no more of:

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Frankly I'm in the Christopher Hitchens school of thought when it comes to religion: a plague on all their houses!
    One could take that as you wishing such on me, and/or any other peace-loving, kind and considerate Christian (or person of faith), who wishes no harm on anyone. So what I'm saying is be reasonably critical of religion if you wish, but refrain from making any such outrightly offensive/threatening remarks as the above in future.

That also applies to you, Jez. And that means I don't want any more back chat on the matter from either of you, which if offered, will simply be deleted. Now let's get back to the thread topic.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hahaha, im no right wingher, Jez. Im a free thinking human, who decides for himself what is right and wrong. I have no political alliance or any religious bias.

Its not anti religion either, I havent got anything against any religion. I have a problem with terrorists who justify their actions with religion. Its not anti religion to declare that ISIS are practising muslims matey.

I dont believe in religion at all. None whatsoever and I dont vote by party. I vote by which policies fit my view at the time. I voted liberal democrat for the early pat of my voting life, then Labour, UKIP and also tories last time out. I haven't decided on this one yet.

You should listen to "With god on our side" by Bob Dylan.

The KKK claim to be devout Christians. You probably wouldn't tar all Christians with the same brush though... What about the IRA? Catholics to a man. So are all Catholics a problem?
    Islam is the worlds biggest religion. If they were all out to get us we'd know about it! It is a few extremist psychopaths who commit these atrocities and very wrong to hate all Muslims! Many of the medical staff fighting to save the lives of terrorist victims are Muslim!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast