+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm Neil.

It's all moot the DUP, those wonderful bastions of hatred, arrogance and bigotry are going to give the conservatives their majority... May going to the Queen at 12 to form her government.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    It's all moot the DUP, those wonderful bastions of hatred, arrogance and bigotry are going to give the conservatives their majority... bastards the lot of them. May going to the Queen at 12 to form her government.
    Can't see that working in the longer term. It might start out looking like a working arrangement, but I reckon the DUP would start digging their heels in and stymie the Tories at every turn. Another election might look the better option from May's point of view.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Phil.

might lose altogether then !!!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    Quite likely.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    If the Tories want a truly credible new leader, who can successfully take the party forward and perhaps win a re-election with an outright majority, then Ruth Davidson should get the top job, as reward for her superb performance in Scotland.

The fact that she wouldn't be a popular choice within the Tory party is a GOOD thing, as she's the least Tory-esque of the likely candidates, more like a normal person, and therefore I believe would 'soften' the hard-line Tory stance, of the likes of May and Davis, for the overall benefit of the country.

Plus she's young and SCOTTISH - two major pluses in my book, as someone born and brought up in Scotland, with a huge affection for the country and desire to protect its best interests, therefore for me, we need as many Scots in Westminster as possible, of any description, to help dilute existing 'pro-English mindedness'.

That said, I would far rather that WHEN (I don't believe if) a second election takes place, the Tories, whoever is their leader by then, get ROYALLY GUBBED, and we end up with a Labour majority, so that Corbyn can begin to rebuild the lives of the people, so cruelly pulled apart, after suffering for years from the sick effects of insidious Tory policies, and once again become dignified and fit for purpose for human beings.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adrian.

Si what have the Tories done for us? Nothing. Still in crisis. Introduced a referendum nobody asked for that destroyed Cameron. Now an election that will put power into the hands of an Irish party that is anti rights we have fought for. WTF. If May was truly thinking of the country and the people she would step down and allow Corbyn to form a government. I think she will step down later - to be replaced by our own Trumo - Boris the twit.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes, that is also likely - and that chinless-wonder, floppy-haired tosspot is arguably worse than May!

That's why we need another election, ASAP, before it's too late, to capitalise on the current resurgence in support for Labour (as momentum is with them), which would likely result in Corbyn becoming our new PM.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Si what have the Tories done for us? Nothing.
    It seems to me that governments never do anything positive for the country - they only ever mess things up. All the wealth and prosperity is created by ordinary people going to work every day. The point of an election is to select the party that will mess things up the least.

I'm Adrian.

People are innately selfish and greedy - it's in our genes and manipulated by government and the capitalist system.

I conducted a little experiment in one of my B2 classes the other day. I asked them 2 simple questions.

1 - what is the most divisive thing in society?

Everyone immediately said MONEY

2 - I asked them if they would agree to share money equally so that everyone had the same, enough for whatever they wanted within reason, and regardless of job or employment status.

Everyone immediately said NO, why should someone disabled and unable to work get the same as them.

This is the mentality of the majority of people.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Ian.

What a beautiful day. May gets her just desserts and the new London Grammar album has just been delivered. Deluxe vinyl edition is remarkably quiet, just like May at the moment - bliss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast