Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
The key was in the bit where I wrote: "if he had his way", which of course he hasn't yet, and let's hope he never does either.

He hasn't actually said what I've intimated (of course not, or he would've been lambasted for it), but it would take the most non-astute (or deliberately blind) person not to see that that's what he would like to happen.

Farage is fundamentally a racist, or at the very least, someone who displays very obvious racist tendencies.

Lol... Here we go again, shades of your (now infamous) 'there are no food banks' comment! OPEN YOUR EYES, FFS, Martin, and have look at the world around you, out with of your own back yard.

Last time you claimed I wrote that I offered £100 to the charity if your choice if you could reproduce the post. You couldn't
If you are going to debate with me don't put words in my mouth.

There is a hostel for the homeless not half a mile from my house. There is a halfway house for offenders released from prison about 200 feet from my house. 'My back yard' , as I already said, is the poorest area of the poorest city in England. Hardly ever see anyone begging, think the last time was about 3 month ago. Gave him 50p. And he wasn't homeless, just spinning a bad luck story about having lost his bus fare.

Some of these people have mental health issues and I would agree, since I know people who work in that field, that more needs to be done. But more has needed to be done for 30 years, under Labour or Tory. It isn't as simple as just throwing money at the problem. Why people think that is the answer to everything I have no idea.

Some of them are drug addicts or alcoholics. Again this is a problem that should be dealt with. Again it is more complex than money.

What you will find if you talk to people who do hard, boring jobs for little money, is that they are dead against giving alchys and druggies money, dead against dole scroungers, dead against unlimited immigration. It isn't the rich who are bothered about these things, it is typical Labour voters, people who work full-time for minimum (or close to it) wages.

You accuse me of defending the 'money men' whoever they are. I already made it clear in my previous post that I am not defending anyone. I'm as keen to resolve social problems as much as you are, we simply disagree about the best way to go about it. More than that, you think Corbyn is the answer whilst I think he will only make things worse.

Now we can discuss that in more detail if you wish, since that is the point at which we actually disagree. But you have to realise I am absolutely not arguing from a partisan point of view but a realistic one. Being against Corbyn does not automatically make me for May, or Farage, or anyone else. My position is far more complex than that, and my opinion of anyone who thinks it is possible to take a simple black and white position is that they really ought to reconsider at length.

Now don't get me wrong, I admire people who have principles and conviction. Trouble is if you want to achieve your objectives in the real world those things are a liability, not an asset. There is system and you have to play it to get the outcomes you want.

This shit's chess not chequers. You want to tear the system down and build a new one? That is never going to happen and the more you waste your energy shouting for it the less you have to actually do something about it. And I'm not talking about changing the system from within either. I'm taking about gaming the existing system. It is what rich people do to get richer, after all, so why can the same tactics not be employed to help solve the problems you highlighted?