+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current Setup - Refreshed

I'm Paul.

Default Current Setup - Refreshed

Vancouver BC member here. It has been a very long time since I have posted anything on on Art of Sound, but I love reading the posts.

Just a short post. I thought of putting up linked pictures of my current setup, but it is shown and described nicely on the website of my primary audio dealer in Vancouver. The dealer is Edward, who owns Element Acoustics. I have known him a long time now and consider him not just my audio dealer, but a good friend now.

My wife and I lived in Vancouver BC most of our lives, but moved 1.5 years ago to Kelowna BC, so this is how my setup looks in the basement rec room of our new home.

If anyone wants a look, it is here on Edwards site at Element Acoustics.

http://www.element-acoustics.ca/audi...ts.php?aid=123

Paul

Updated. Added a few pics as I know not all like to follow links. The only real change to what you see here, is that I replaced the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic with an Auralic Aries. Otherwise the system is still pretty much as it looks here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ppat2; 08-06-2017 at 20:45. Reason: Added some pictures

I'm Alan.

Great post Paul, and kit.

Like the tips at the end, much truth there

I'm Mark.

Very nice system, and informative write up.

I'm Peter.

Nice system, Paul!

Are those super-tweeters perched on the Pro-acs? Room treatment, too ...

I'm Paul.

No not super-tweeters, those are the Entreq Vibb Eaters. They are placed on speaker top to control vibration and resonance in the cabinet. They are filled with some type of copper and sand mix, and really do work quite well. I place 2 on each Proac speaker top. Without them, I get some high frequency ringing and loosely controlled bass. So it tightens up the bass and smooths out the highs.

I have tried my own bags filled with sand of same size and shape, nada. I have tried HRS damping plates, nada.

My dealer let me try the Vibb Eaters first and they worked so well I bought 4 of them, 2 for each speaker. Since they just sit there, you can pick them up and move them to your second system, which I do for my smaller Epos M5i speakers in my kitchen area system if I listen there for extended periods. Works just as well on those speakers too. I have even seen them resting on top of $100K speakers at audio shows, which shows what dealers think of them.

Here is a UK link -- https://www.audiodestination.co.uk/e...energy-control

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Great post Paul, and kit.

Like the tips at the end, much truth there
    Thanks Alan. Yes, I like to share as many tips as I can. At least the ones that work... :-)

I'm Paul.

Thanks Mark!

+ Reply to Thread